Looking for Prep Communities in the North West UK

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
UK Urban Prepper

Looking for Prep Communities in the North West UK

Post by UK Urban Prepper »

I have been prepping for quite a while the main threat till recently being CME, no obviously with the world in chaos im thinking more WW3 and absolute chaos, and not only surviving the initial outbreak of war but ongoing survival afterword's, which is why i am now trying to put the feelers out for anyone else or any prep communities already in the North West of the UK.

I would love to speak to someone about this and hopefully start to get plans in place.
jennyjj01

Re: Looking for Prep Communities in the North West UK

Post by jennyjj01 »

Hi, and welcome from Cheshire.
I'm not aware of any 'in person' prepping communities in the North West, or anywhere else, to be honest. We are somewhat private creatures and this forum is our community. There are other similar forums, each with slightly different rules and slants.
You mention that you are particularly concerned about world changing catastrophic events. I'm sure that your thoughts and plans and your own approach will make interesting reading, so please share. There's some useful members here and questions are also always welcome.
What's your current preparedness look like? Are you prepping for a big or small family? Do you have your family or partner on board, etc.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
UK Urban Prepper

I have a very supportive partner with it all yes. My current plans are bugout to Lake District area where its less likely to be in any sort of blast radius, but I've also been looking in to the abandoned ROC underground facilities scattered around. My main concern with all this would be the civil unrest side of things and break down of law and order hence looking for like minded people to network and build with in the wake of an aftermath as no doubt this forum and possibly the rest of the WWW will be down or gone in time.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

UK Urban Prepper wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:57 pm I have a very supportive partner with it all yes. My current plans are bugout to Lake District area where its less likely to be in any sort of blast radius, but I've also been looking in to the abandoned ROC underground facilities scattered around. My main concern with all this would be the civil unrest side of things and break down of law and order hence looking for like minded people to network and build with in the wake of an aftermath as no doubt this forum and possibly the rest of the WWW will be down or gone in time.
To each is own, but Bug-out is a last resort for some of us.
Those ROC bunkers will be on a few people's itineraries and how would you defend yourself if you got into one? An invader would only need to block up the vent, or put something noxious on the inlet. They strike me as convenient graves. I live just a few miles from a primary target. There are some maintained bunkers nearby, but they will be well defended by armed personnel
If you are an outdoors type, then have you got a bug out location all lined up and defended? How would you dodge the traffic to get there? What would you do for food? How would you defend it?

Maybe take a look at the video in this...
https://www.uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/vie ... 67#p204667

Blast avoidance is not high on my priority, but if I were to give it a try, it would be a nearby church crypt, then leg it back home to what's left of my pantry.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

UK Urban Prepper

I have a rough idea of where to bug out too. I’ve got scouting trips planned over the next few weeks to ensure it’s possible and to check water source and access.
Bug in would obviously be plan A but if it’s to try and avoid incoming then come back later so be it.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

UK Urban Prepper wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:16 pm I have a rough idea of where to bug out too. I’ve got scouting trips planned over the next few weeks to ensure it’s possible and to check water source and access.
Bug in would obviously be plan A but if it’s to try and avoid incoming then come back later so be it.
You'll bring some interesting new perspective. Are you and your family confident and familiar with camping out, or do you have some buildings or premises in mind? Disused barn? lodge? farm outbuilding? Cabin? RV?

pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
bobble

Post by bobble »

Welcome from Merseyside!😃
UK Urban Prepper

jennyjj01 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:16 pm You'll bring some interesting new perspective. Are you and your family confident and familiar with camping out, or do you have some buildings or premises in mind? Disused barn? lodge? farm outbuilding? Cabin? RV?
Yes me and the kids camp all the time, maybe a shock for the Mrs but she will manage shes very supportive and adaptable. id love to get a bugout RV done at some point but if thats not in time its all tents and ive scouted 2 empty stone farmhouses as options.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Hi, welcome from Manchester. I've done a lot of hill walking in the Lakes, including wild camping, but not for a long time as my knees are knackered now. Also I don't have a car any more. Would be a good place to bug out to I suppose. It depends on the circumstances. You can wild camp high, and you might be able to eat a sheep, but there's not much else up there. There's fire wood in the woods lower down. There should be fish lower down, in rivers and lakes. If it's just for a few days or weeks you could take enough food with you if you are able to use a car and the roads are useable. There could be gridlock if everyone has the same idea.