Wilko Collapse

For all things financial
Frnc

Re: Wilko Collapse

Post by Frnc »

In my opinion the collapse is already happening and it started years ago. Many disabled people are already aware. I noticed when I was unable to work for a year. I was given 0 out of 15 points by a nurse working for a private company, ignoring my GP and consultant. I was therefore not able to get ESA, or any other benefits. Meanwhile the public were being fed countless stories about "benefits cheats".
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Vitamin c wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:27 pm https://youtube.com/shorts/nJdGCK3WbZA?feature=shared

Sad but true.
××××××××××××××××
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post redacted by moderator as deemed inflammatory.
Fill er up jacko...
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Vitamin c wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:14 am
Vitamin c wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:27 pm https://youtube.com/shorts/nJdGCK3WbZA?feature=shared

Sad but true.
××××××××××××××××

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post redacted my moderator as deemed inflammatory.

The UK government almost never pays off any of its debts. In the last 70 years less than 1% of it has been paid off. Most years none is paid off. They just pay interest, which is usually a low rate. The government can borrow cheaper than we can. I think what happened last year was the markets got spooked and it meant the government was paying a higher interest rate. It's complicated by the fact that it was the debt that's in the form of gilts. Gilts are sold by the government to big companies, and that is government debt. It's a safe way for companies to stash some of their loot. I don't really understand exactly how it works. I think the gilt price fell, and that costs the government money. Also there is Quantitative Easing, where the government injects money into the economy. Again, not sure how that works exactly. I don't think the government creates money when it does this. Money is mostly created when banks make loans.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Frnc wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:18 am
Vitamin c wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:14 am Post redacted my moderator as deemed inflammatory.
The UK government almost never pays off any of its debts. . .
It was ever so.

[Post redacted by author as deemed as veering off topic.]

Wilko has collapsed. We could blame all and sundry, but to no avail. 14,000 or so out of work and a bunch of freed up shopping real estate. We consumers took our business elsewhere as management and shop landlords tried to maintain their profit margins and local and national government tried to do whatever it is they do.
Nobody's to blame, Everybody's to blame.

It is what it is.

Keep Calm and Keep on Prepping. Look after No#1 as no-one else can or will . . .
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jennyjj01 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:06 pm
Frnc wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:18 am
Vitamin c wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:14 am Post redacted my moderator as deemed inflammatory.
The UK government almost never pays off any of its debts. . .
It was ever so.

[Post redacted by author as deemed as veering off topic.]

Excellent. Glad to see that self-moderating is happening.
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

Re the disability assessors,
I have a former colleague/friend who went to work for one of the American companies, running the assessor contracts.
It was good money with bonus (for guess what ?) But she went back to nursing in the end because it was depressing. The genuine cases were easy to refuse, they always told the truth, used family as carers as much as possible and "put on a brave face".
Whereas the scammers, knew exactly what to say, always maxed out their problems and would bring an advocate with them (and often an interpreter).
She was told early on, don't go there ! Just tick the box.

It's a game, it's just a game ! Sad but true.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Jeffjones297 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:04 pm Re the disability assessors,
I have a former colleague/friend who went to work for one of the American companies, running the assessor contracts.
It was good money with bonus (for guess what ?) But she went back to nursing in the end because it was depressing. The genuine cases were easy to refuse, they always told the truth, used family as carers as much as possible and "put on a brave face".
Whereas the scammers, knew exactly what to say, always maxed out their problems and would bring an advocate with them (and often an interpreter).
She was told early on, don't go there ! Just tick the box.

It's a game, it's just a game ! Sad but true.
You've been here two weeks and, quite frankly, the majority of your posts are laden with unpleasantness and prejudice. This forum isn't your personal soapbox where you can spout what you like. Please read the sticky in the link. If there's anything you disagree with, nobody is keeping you here. If you want to stay - dial your tone down and start to contribute in a positive manner.

https://uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18139
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

No probs, I'll turn it down. Different forums for different things.
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

Yes, I've already had a pm from a moderator and will indeed.
Different forums have different uses, I'm fairly pragmatic and accept the "pool rules" when swimming.