Fire danger...

Logistics and Transport
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Fire danger...

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:03 pm

My wife is a Fire Marshall at the school she works. Went mad today when an extinguisher was messed with then returned to its stand !!!

Our house has four, plus blanket and the workshop x2. So important.
It's my job at work I've got 2 spare stashed so if we have a small whoops we maintain cover ....

We have a good stash at home probably over kill but you can never have too many when the shtf ...

3l ABF foam in the kitchen + 1.2m2 blanket
3l water mist in the cupboard under the stairs
2l Afff in the hallway..
2l firexo upstairs landing to cover phones charging etc,
3l Afff in the master bedroom
Shed has a ABC automatic extinguisher on the roof plus 2x6kg powder a 6l Afff and a 2KG CO2

not counting the 800ml aerosol abf extinguishers dotted about one by the cooker one in living room other in the shed which goes camping and the car extinguishers 2 of which live in the cupboard under the stairs I swap between powder in winter and foam though the none freezing months
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

The link I posted was from the guardian not exactly a common person's newspaper, I do hope this information gets through to those that need it or we might just see a real tragedy with a fire in a home with many children.
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Vitamin c wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:20 pm The link I posted was from the guardian not exactly a common person's newspaper, I do hope this information gets through to those that need it or we might just see a real tragedy with a fire in a home with many children.

I saw this article originally. It’s rather a concern that something becoming so popular could be such a danger. I am presuming it’s cheap Chinese rubbish too.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:38 am
Vitamin c wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:20 pm The link I posted was from the guardian not exactly a common person's newspaper, I do hope this information gets through to those that need it or we might just see a real tragedy with a fire in a home with many children.

I saw this article originally. It’s rather a concern that something becoming so popular could be such a danger. I am presuming it’s cheap Chinese rubbish too.

Even quality products have suffered issues remember Sony having a mass recall on laptop batteries a few years back...

But your on the right track cheap devices with no or very poor BMS circuits, poor chargers or poor cell balancing circuits

It's also affecting the leccy cars seems the Teslas likes to spontaneously combust many European fire services seem to be buying big skip lorries adapted with a highab crane with a modified skip on the back....

Fill skip with water

Pick up car

and drop it in

Leave for 24 hours
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:03 am
jansman wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:38 am

Even quality products have suffered issues remember Sony having a mass recall on laptop batteries a few years back...

But your on the right track cheap devices with no or very poor BMS circuits, poor chargers or poor cell balancing circuits

It's also affecting the leccy cars seems the Teslas likes to spontaneously combust many European fire services seem to be buying big skip lorries adapted with a highab crane with a modified skip on the back....

Fill skip with water

Pick up car

and drop it in

Leave for 24 hours
That tells a tale.we will stick with the petrol car…

Robert Frost.

Me.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Fill skip with water
Pick up car
and drop it in
Leave for 24 hours
And if it hasn't ignited by then, it's ready for delivery to customer :lol: :lol: :lol:
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

Those scooters and ebikes are a good idea I hope it's something like the evolution of mobile phones, who rembers ...the brick... compared to what we are used to today.
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Vitamin c wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:01 pm Those scooters and ebikes are a good idea I hope it's something like the evolution of mobile phones, who rembers ...the brick... compared to what we are used to today.
They are a good idea, but the vast majority have zero license and insurance, which is required I believe, and where they are allowed. I wouldn’t want to get clobbered by one, and no insurance!

Robert Frost.

Me.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

jansman wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:31 pm
Vitamin c wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:01 pm Those scooters and ebikes are a good idea I hope it's something like the evolution of mobile phones, who rembers ...the brick... compared to what we are used to today.
They are a good idea, but the vast majority have zero license and insurance, which is required I believe, and where they are allowed. I wouldn’t want to get clobbered by one, and no insurance!
For e-Bikes you don't need either of insurance or licence. But to be legal, they can't be power assisted beyond 15.5 MPH
For e-Scooters, they are simply illegal to use on public highways or pavements except in certain trial areas. They would require both licence and insurance, but being illegal, then no such insurance is available.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
jansman

Post by jansman »

jennyjj01 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:44 pm
jansman wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:31 pm
For e-Bikes you don't need either of insurance or licence. But to be legal, they can't be power assisted beyond 15.5 MPH
For e-Scooters, they are simply illegal to use on public highways or pavements except in certain trial areas. They would require both licence and insurance, but being illegal, then no such insurance is available.
I’ll stand corrected,of course. Mind you,viewing the Village and Leicester particularly,they do have a tendency to be ‘driven’ by idiots.

Robert Frost.

Me.