Wet wet wet...

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Vitamin c

Wet wet wet...

Post by Vitamin c »

https://metro.co.uk/2023/03/29/househol ... -18521629/

Water rationing is coming, government and water companies have started a trial scheme to ration water if successful it is likely to be enforced nationwide.
The scheme starts you off with a amount of water then as you use more the price rises.

Fair...?
Just another money making scheme..?

What do you think..
Fill er up jacko...
jansman

Re: Wet wet wet...

Post by jansman »

I will make sure the emergency 200 litres stays ready. Along with the very large rain harvesting .And the well.And the brook. We will manage.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Not sure how they'd enforce it unless they stuck everyone on water meters I have one only as it was in house when we bought it but like jansman have the water reserves and water butts all over I think all new builds have meters now
Neighbours ..several paddling pools hosepipe on garden /car/windows/ water pistols ..outside tap constantly on to fill various things up ...
Maybe we'll go back to washboard in the river ...
jansman

Post by jansman »

GeeGee wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:55 pm Not sure how they'd enforce it unless they stuck everyone on water meters I have one only as it was in house when we bought it but like jansman have the water reserves and water butts all over I think all new builds have meters now
Neighbours ..several paddling pools hosepipe on garden /car/windows/ water pistols ..outside tap constantly on to fill various things up ...
Yeah. Exactly.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
korolev

Post by korolev »

GeeGee wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:55 pm Not sure how they'd enforce it unless they stuck everyone on water meters I have one only as it was in house when we bought it but like jansman have the water reserves and water butts all over I think all new builds have meters now
Fairly simple to get water meters everywhere, they could put the price up for unmetered water to "encourage" people to get one or they could pass a law allowing the water companies to fit them without needing homeowner permission.
The biggest issue, for me, is that water companies are too focussed on passing profits to shareholders rather than providing the service they are supposed to.
In theory, though, it's a good idea, it might encourage people to think about how much they're using, but only if the cost of the first X cubic metres is lowered rather than just add a surcharge when you use more than X.
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

When my daughter lived on a large rough council estate, she found out that almost nobody payed their water bill apparently its very hard for the company's to cut you off .
Fill er up jacko...
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

When I bought my house, I was told that a water meter would be installed when we completed if one was not already installed. It was the general policy.

Found this UK parliament document outlining the water meter policy.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/re ... /cbp-7342/