Farm light oil lamps

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
steptoe

Farm light oil lamps

Post by steptoe »

Well blow me down and roll me over i just got a great deal on the bay on some secondhand not used farm light oil lamps the hobnail bottom type they are dusty and may need a little clean but woo hoo i am like a dog with 2 tails .

I will do a review of the light that comes off once i have them clean and working and we use a high grade lamp oil with a little scent in it to cover the paraffin smell . i was looking at ethanol for them but someone said no so paraffin lamp oil it is .We are looking at other ways of light i know we have power banks and we have led torchs and other stuff but well i just found a home made basic as was used in jesus day olive oil lamp , now how many knew olive oil was used in lights back then , i confess not us i have seen reed lamps tallow lamps and wax reed lamps but never olive oil so i am going to make one , hey even if just for sitting out in the bbq , but i also never knew olive oil can be used in al ight and if it calls over the oil will put the light out and not burn hmm things we learn , now at 50 odd ish i just found out what was in the lamps all them years ago not paraffin not wax not reed but olive oil omg