Returning to the forum

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
sfcfinchrs

Returning to the forum

Post by sfcfinchrs »

Hi all,

I have been away from the forum for a long time.

Special shout out to Yorkshire Andy who I met when he came down to Southampton so very long ago to discuss prepping.

So as a Prepping family, when COVID hit we were sitting pretty. It was interesting. Being prepared allowed us to chill as things unfolded. Even better. Because we were prepared. It allowed us to support a few families that were our friends taking the worry and stress out of the situation for them.

Our view as preppers is that the prepper community could be considered as a moden day Civil Defence Corps. Yet that is our view not to be confused with expectations on the prepper community.

Cheers all
I don't do politics or religion. Seen to many people die because of these.

I post to contribute so take as you see fit. My way is not the only way.

Cheers
Arzosah

Re: Returning to the forum

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome back! I remember your name, for sure. That's an interesting analogy to some functions of the Civil Defence Corps. I'm glad things worked well for you during the pandemic.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Welcome back to the Fold. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Welcome back :)
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

sfcfinchrs wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:50 am Hi all,

I have been away from the forum for a long time.
Our view as preppers is that the prepper community could be considered as a modern day Civil Defence Corps. Yet that is our view not to be confused with expectations on the prepper community.

Cheers all
Welcome back.
Civil Defence Corps sounds a bit 'militaristic' and may appeal to the survivalists amongst us. Not that I see anything wrong with that. When TSHTF, we will all be defending our preps and our homes a lot more than we need to at the moment.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong