Hi - another noob joining from the East Mids

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
PAWTH

Hi - another noob joining from the East Mids

Post by PAWTH »

Hi all

As it says, yeh another noob joining from the East Mids, here in Robin Hood Land :D

Good news is I can still talk, bad news is I'm close to pension and the rest of me doesn't work, so looking for volunteers to carry me and all my kit, quickly, in any direction away from the blasts.

I'm ex Army, RE's rule, EOD, and I'm packed ready to go. Been locked away for 3 years, at home because of covid, not at 'His Majesty's Pleasure' eek, although I did get to know coli well for a few months in 88. Would be nice to hear from some guys and even get together to discuss what holes we are digging and where :lol: .

Serious note, the only people I have spoken to in the past few years are amazon and supermarket delivery people and it would be good to get to know a few of you if you would accept a moaning old git who complains a lot and is concerned and to be honest, a little scared.

Thanks (I don't do that love and kisses stuff)
pseudonym

Re: Hi - another noob joining from the East Mids

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Hi, welcome. There's a few disabled people on here. I'm not exactly disabled, but borderline, you could say. I can't walk very far or stand for long. I can ride a push bike, for about an hour. So my bugout plan would be to use that if possible. Like you, I don't have many people to talk to on a day to day basis. I'm retired, but not quite state pension age. I have two lodgers. I live in south Manchester.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Welcome. East Midlands too. Next county.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
bobble

Post by bobble »

Welcome from Merseyside!😃
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

I don't do the hugs and kisses stuff either but welcome anyway :lol: . I am of the older. read knackered, age group too and have Rhumatoid arthritis which limits my stamina, energy and ability to walk far or carry much. I live in the back of beyond and frequently go long periods of silence in my world. It can be a bit scary if I stop to view my situation so I understand where you're coming from. However I have learnt not to worry about things over which I have little or no control but do my best to work round them.
You'll find the members here are helpful and many knowledgable about a wide range of topics so just ask about anything and everything.
We don't mind moaning but are less tolerant of rudeness, so feel free to moan away :D
PAWTH

Post by PAWTH »

Thanks for the responses and great to hear from you, I'm glad I am not the only part crippled loony :D

Maybe we need to form a sub group 'wheelchair preppers R US'. I did once start a convo on an army page about 4 wheel drive mobility scooters where we could fit toilets and a decent gun to it, but I do not think we could get it on PIP Mobility.

I thought there would be a few of us not as young as others but I didn't consider too much about disabilities. I can't walk too far, partly from the yanks blowing me up twice and trying to kill me, but that is their normal way of working, and I do love them (please note a subtle hint of sarcasm). It does however bring up a real topic in preparation for the worst in that it is fine having the kit and of course knowing how to use it, but if we can't move too well, then what preparations can be made considering the worst case scenario, which has to be the only scenario to think about.

I've not read up yet here and as a noob do not know as yet what people are considering, who if anyone is grouping, what resources are needed in the worst case and where can they be resourced from. A hit and run might not work but we could do a hit and push the wheelchairs really really quickly. I have a million questions and am very good at being a thorn in people's side.

I do think in al honesty we are slipping further every day into possibilities of a world war and the majority of the youth and young have no real concept of it. There are political problems all over the world and wars as well. China is a concern, North Vietnam is a firework waiting to be lit, North and South Africa are not playing fair, and Putin is gathering strength, he already has Belarus and is working on Turkey and other countries. Now that good battle tanks are going into Ukraine he has to think differently and the threat of short range nuclea is a feasible possibility especially as a tool to try and split NATO. This is why I said I was getting a little scared.

Now I have depressed everyone further, who's up for a pint :lol:
Last edited by PAWTH on Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

To be honest I'm more worried about the politicians in the UK than I am about North Korea. Of course the war in Ukraine is a concern, but I'd be surprised if it escalated to WW3. I've talked about the war on other threads. Worth checking out the international relations professors called "realists" for an alternative viewpoint. Head of the CIA also had similar views.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! Yes, quite a helping of dry wit here :lol:

I'm another one of the older, tricky-to-move-but-not-really-disabled lot. No wheelchairs here yet. No pushbikes either, mind you. I'm also another one of the "not too many people around me" as well. Trying to figure out how to get out and about a bit more, its tricky.

But the forum is always here, thank heavens.
jansman

Post by jansman »

PAWTH wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:07 am Hi all

As it says, yeh another noob joining from the East Mids, here in Robin Hood Land :D

Good news is I can still talk, bad news is I'm close to pension and the rest of me doesn't work, so looking for volunteers to carry me and all my kit, quickly, in any direction away from the blasts.

I'm ex Army, RE's rule, EOD, and I'm packed ready to go. Been locked away for 3 years, at home because of covid, not at 'His Majesty's Pleasure' eek, although I did get to know coli well for a few months in 88. Would be nice to hear from some guys and even get together to discuss what holes we are digging and where :lol: .

Serious note, the only people I have spoken to in the past few years are amazon and supermarket delivery people and it would be good to get to know a few of you if you would accept a moaning old git who complains a lot and is concerned and to be honest, a little scared.

Thanks (I don't do that love and kisses stuff)
Your latest post has been disallowed. Reason: BAD LANGUAGE. A little more politeness please.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.