Knife and multi tool set

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
steptoe

Knife and multi tool set

Post by steptoe »

Ok the wife brought me a treat for christmas a jack pyke knife and multi tool set and she got herself one , i am going to review them soon , i have taken 1 out the packet and well a little stiff so i am oiling it right now and then i will be also using another treat a lansky diamond tool sharperning kit and it will be reviewed at the same time as the knife but for now just wanted to get a thread going as not had much sleep due to pacemaker issues and having to go in again this morning so well the brain is awake so the body might as well be lol , just waiting on the lansky then i can sharpern all out knives i have basic diamond tools and so on for the kitchen knives but the lansky well we shall see
Rusty74

Re: Knife and multi tool set

Post by Rusty74 »

steptoe wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:29 pm Ok the wife brought me a treat for christmas a jack pyke knife and multi tool set and she got herself one , i am going to review them soon , i have taken 1 out the packet and well a little stiff so i am oiling it right now and then i will be also using another treat a lansky diamond tool sharperning kit and it will be reviewed at the same time as the knife but for now just wanted to get a thread going as not had much sleep due to pacemaker issues and having to go in again this morning so well the brain is awake so the body might as well be lol , just waiting on the lansky then i can sharpern all out knives i have basic diamond tools and so on for the kitchen knives but the lansky well we shall see
dont own a knife by jack pyke but do own alot of outdoor clothing by them and cant fault any of it tbh
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Well the multi tool is cleaned an oiled and the knife had a run over with the lansky i had to the blde was not sharp enough for me i say a sharp tool is a safe tool a blunt tool is an accident waiting to happen .

I will try and get some photos just had a day in hospital yesterday and today well had so much bread going spare i had to do a bake up and the poly tunnel needed a clean and i made a fair few faggots and before you all moan i can not say faggot it is a bunch of silver birch twiglets twisted and bound inside it's self to make a faggot and that is the old name for it and i am sticking to it lol
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

steptoe wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:34 pm Well the multi tool is cleaned an oiled and the knife had a run over with the lansky i had to the blde was not sharp enough for me i say a sharp tool is a safe tool a blunt tool is an accident waiting to happen .

I will try and get some photos just had a day in hospital yesterday and today well had so much bread going spare i had to do a bake up and the poly tunnel needed a clean and i made a fair few faggots and before you all moan i can not say faggot it is a bunch of silver birch twiglets twisted and bound inside it's self to make a faggot and that is the old name for it and i am sticking to it lol

As well as pictures of you lansky would appreciate your views in it as a sharpener they seem very popular and easy to use .
Fill er up jacko...
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Vitamin c wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:10 pm
steptoe wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:34 pm Well the multi tool is cleaned an oiled and the knife had a run over with the lansky i had to the blde was not sharp enough for me i say a sharp tool is a safe tool a blunt tool is an accident waiting to happen .

As well as pictures of you lansky would appreciate your views in it as a sharpener they seem very popular and easy to use .
Hi i will do a write up on it and the easy of use but i can say i am impressed and only done a couple of the jack pykes so far next i will be doing my kitchen knives to see how hard it is to do a full 12" blade as they say you must move it along to get the full blade and i am looking forward to seeing how i keep it in the same place on the back , but for smaller lock knives and or smaller fix blades this is a dream write up and pics will follow just wanted to answer you and say IMPRESSED is the word
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I got a Lansky set a few years back as part of a trade (coarse, medium, fine and extra fine sapphire), I can't get on with it...... Mind you, I have spent over thirty years practicing my hand-honing.
I'm going to have to sell it, but I don't want to take it to a carboot and get haggled down from a fiver :x
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:07 pm I got a Lansky set a few years back as part of a trade (coarse, medium, fine and extra fine sapphire), I can't get on with it...... Mind you, I have spent over thirty years practicing my hand-honing.
I'm going to have to sell it, but I don't want to take it to a carboot and get haggled down from a fiver :x
OK i give you £4.50 lol sorry i just had to , i use to do booties and well we gave up i think you know why , i love a haggle but well when you have something you paid £30 and put £1 on it and people say i give you 50p lol

We now donate all our stuff to charity shops or to locals first wife had so many new clothes and well past to one lady here who then shared we find it better to share than try and sell .

I am of the old school if i can help somebody as i go along then my living will not be in vane .
Omega

Post by Omega »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:07 pm I got a Lansky set a few years back as part of a trade (coarse, medium, fine and extra fine sapphire), I can't get on with it...... Mind you, I have spent over thirty years practicing my hand-honing.
Don't know how to write you a personal email, but I would be interested buying it from you if it is something good. I have Spyderco Ti-Angle for almost 20 years and bought my mother Tri-Angle couple of years ago, but Lansky has its own advantages over Spyderco...
Omega

Post by Omega »

I am impressed you can understand each other as I don't get it at all :D
jansman

Post by jansman »

Omega wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:28 am I am impressed you can understand each other as I don't get it at all :D
You are having a bit too much to say about Steptoe,that is the second criticism about his information. If you were here a bit more often,you may appreciate his health - history.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.