blue badge

Logistics and Transport
jansman

Re: blue badge

Post by jansman »

Jeffjones297 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:04 am Like I say, life pulls you up short and there's always someone worse off.
Being in the care sector most of my adult life didn't make me heartless and I wasn't when I first joined and trained. But looking after the genuinely ill and needy makes you less tolerant, not more, of the chancers and lead swingers in life.
For every genuine blue badge holder, I'll wager there are 2-3 working their ticket.
You're obviously not.
Try applying for a blue badge. It ain’t as simple as you think!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

I'm gonna quit here, I'll only upset you further. But surfice to say, I've seen endless scams involving benefits and disabilities, courtesy of my previous career.
It's hard for the genuine, because they tell the truth, scammers don't ! The genuine will put on a brave face and admit "oh I have some good days" even if they don't lol 🤣
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Wife's got one she had to jump through hoops including a 20 mile drive for assessment with the council bod Fortunately they don't hand them out like sweets on Halloween ...

Don't get me on the judgemental older people that quiz a 40 year old woman as they were going to park there ...she's far more diplomatic than me :lol:

She mainly uses it in the works van which lets her park closer to where she needs to be it's the van that causes more agro as someone who's disabled obviously can't work... Her company has been very good and got her wheeled "tool bags" to minimise any need to lift / cary her equipment into clients premises... That disabled bay on this high street doesn't belong to Doris who goes to the bakery once a week
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine