What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
Rusty74

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by Rusty74 »

jennyjj01 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:31 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:00 pm
jennyjj01 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:55 pm 49p? From where?
home bargins
Thanks. I'll pop in.Is it just a few select greens or a good range at that price?
was a very good range of different veg and flowers in my local store
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
jansman

Post by jansman »

Had a lovely and steady job to do yesterday . Sorted our old fashioned walk - in pantry. Organised it to take in stock ( food) from our back up storage. Mrs J has a changed diet,and because of being a bit rough myself ,I do too. It means if my job of shopping etc. cannot be done by me further up the way,and it’s possible,Mrs J can instead,and knows what we have / need ,easily.

The diet changes have meant a lot of back up , lots , are not needed. The main one is rice. I love it. Mrs J no. So ,I have about 15 kg in the pantry which will be fine for my wants! :lol: Then I gave 8 kg to eldest,and offered to youngest. She doesn’t use it either. So that’ll be a donation to local food bank. Which is good ,and it’s all 2024 date. ;)

Today I am sorting through a rather large bookcase. There’s a lot of junk there and survivalist type books that frankly,I don’t want. So that’ll be a good tidy up done.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Gave away some beans and instant mash from the prep cupboard, as I'm not supposed to each much potato and no baked beans due to kidney stones. I still have some, quite a bit of mash.
Sent back my emergency lights. They couldn't even detect my bedroom light, so they would be wasting batteries. Ordered some more expensive ones.
Put 3 x 4 new AAAs in my bugout bag. Will use 9 old ones for the lights when they arrive.
Moved two large bags of pasta from bedroom shelves to kitchen, as they need to be used up in a few months.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

My job this week will be to get rid of unwanted foodstuff. esp the pasta. We don't eat it and don't like it, so the daughter can have it. Hubby's diabetes is getting worse - he's been diagnosed since around 2008 and is still diet-controlled with no meds so he's doing well, but things are starting to change. And some of it is because we got lazy. So I'll clear out the heavy carby stuff and at the same time that will clear some space in this bloody awful tiny kitchen. I've decided to clear the top shelves in the cupboards because they're unreachable and unsafe. This kitchen would be perfect if I was 9ft tall not 5!
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:44 am My job this week will be to get rid of unwanted foodstuff. esp the pasta. We don't eat it and don't like it, so the daughter can have it. Hubby's diabetes is getting worse - he's been diagnosed since around 2008 and is still diet-controlled with no meds so he's doing well, but things are starting to change. And some of it is because we got lazy. So I'll clear out the heavy carby stuff and at the same time that will clear some space in this bloody awful tiny kitchen. I've decided to clear the top shelves in the cupboards because they're unreachable and unsafe. This kitchen would be perfect if I was 9ft tall not 5!
It’s good he has been diet controlled Lil. It is easy to get idle ,I know we did. Now we are a lot more nutritious. That’s good and I certainly feel better. I understand your small kitchen,ours is.You do get imaginative though when sorting storage. ;)

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That's a lot of good work on nutrition by a lot of people :) I got rid of an unopened 4kg bag of rice to the food bank - I've learned how to cook it in the microwave, but I don't particularly *like* it, it's all about using it up.

My only prep today is chomping anti-inflammatories, this cleaning has done my shoulder in.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:42 am Had a lovely and steady job to do yesterday . Sorted our old fashioned walk - in pantry. Organised it to take in stock ( food) from our back up storage. Mrs J has a changed diet,and because of being a bit rough myself ,I do too. It means if my job of shopping etc. cannot be done by me further up the way,and it’s possible,Mrs J can instead,and knows what we have / need ,easily.

The diet changes have meant a lot of back up , lots , are not needed. The main one is rice. I love it. Mrs J no. So ,I have about 15 kg in the pantry which will be fine for my wants! :lol: Then I gave 8 kg to eldest,and offered to youngest. She doesn’t use it either. So that’ll be a donation to local food bank. Which is good ,and it’s all 2024 date. ;)

Today I am sorting through a rather large bookcase. There’s a lot of junk there and survivalist type books that frankly,I don’t want. So that’ll be a good tidy up done.
I really want a pantry. I've got a large under stairs cupboard that I could convert but not sure if it may be too warm. The alcohol seems to survive okay in there so maybe the grub will too. :lol:
jansman

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:46 pm
jansman wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:42 am Had a lovely and steady job to do yesterday . Sorted our old fashioned walk - in pantry. Organised it to take in stock ( food) from our back up storage. Mrs J has a changed diet,and because of being a bit rough myself ,I do too. It means if my job of shopping etc. cannot be done by me further up the way,and it’s possible,Mrs J can instead,and knows what we have / need ,easily.

I really want a pantry. I've got a large under stairs cupboard that I could convert but not sure if it may be too warm. The alcohol seems to survive okay in there so maybe the grub will too. :lol:
Have you a thermometer? Just a thought. It’s a convenient place by the sound of it. ;)

Robert Frost.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

No but I could get one - it's not hugely warm but there is a radiator on the outside of the wall in the front room which is usually on.
jansman

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:04 pm No but I could get one - it's not hugely warm but there is a radiator on the outside of the wall in the front room which is usually on.
I guess most people store stuff in kitchen cupboards,so not a huge difference? Tins and packets will be ok I reckon as no different to a kitchen?

Robert Frost.

Me.