Baking soda and super glue

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
deckard

Re: Baking soda and super glue

Post by deckard »

Bicarb + super glue was a trick we used to use many years ago for quick plastic RC car part repairs at my local club. It creates a stronger bond that cures faster, and in some cases allows you to stick plastics that super glue usually fails to stick (like abs). I have some parts in the loft that survived many races after a quick trackside fix this way.

It almost always creates unsightly repairs though.
steptoe

Re: Baking soda and super glue

Post by steptoe »

deckard wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:52 pm Bicarb + super glue was a trick we used to use many years ago for quick plastic RC car part repairs at my local club. It creates a stronger bond that cures faster, and in some cases allows you to stick plastics that super glue usually fails to stick (like abs). I have some parts in the loft that survived many races after a quick trackside fix this way.

It almost always creates unsightly repairs though.
Wow cheers for the info , it isa funny the things we still learn , lol i would never have thought of trying this so it is great to have found it .

I have repaired a wind up lantern the handle was poorl;y made so i drilled it tapped it and put in metal pegs and so on lol yup a lot of work whne i could have just filled theg ap with this idea