Fuel

Logistics and Transport
Moorland Prepper

Fuel

Post by Moorland Prepper »

I was telephoned by a friend this morning who complained that diesel was costing him almost £2 a gallon.

Took both cars (petrol) to my local filling station and they had a sign up saying 'no diesel'. in addition about half the petrol pumps were covered with a sign saying 'No fuel'.

I was aware that the USA was having some issues but anyone know what's going on in the UK?
GeeGee

Re: Fuel

Post by GeeGee »

Don't know which area you're in but there's some issues here also west yorks some of the fuel stations same.. pumps covered over and one closed plus he prices are going mad again
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Aberdeenshire, no issues with supply but diesel's back to nearly £2 and unleaded at £1:80
jansman

Post by jansman »

Nurseandy wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:50 pm Aberdeenshire, no issues with supply but diesel's back to nearly £2 and unleaded at £1:80
About the same as here in the Midlands.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

There is a general shortage of diesel across Europe & the US. What little there is will go to whoever is prepared to pay the most leaving some fuel stations out in the cold and lead to spiralling prices.
https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/parts-of-eu ... -1.1838158
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

well we try not to go out much but today had no choice and spotted unleaded at £1.60 and i had a full car already but forgot my cans for the gennie

oh well
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Scottish Borders diesel £1.96 and no sign yet of a shortage.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Diesel £1.90
Petrol Down to £1.68

Cheshire
Last edited by jennyjj01 on Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Filled up today at morrisons cheapest for diesel at 182.4
But the queues ..everywhere...even at the BP station which is still at 193. Queuing out of the place and onto road
Even the little garage over the road from me that charges a fortune ..cars onto road
You know when you think what have I missed ? Something has happened and I've missed it ... Every fuel station the same
Perhaps people just second guessing about Thursdays battering we are going to get ?
I think i shall make sure car is topped up ...if I can get to the pumps!
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Passed a filling station shell in Wakefield yesterday £1.55 40 miles down the road £10ppl more :twisted:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine