Burns kit

Medical and Healthcare
pseudonym

Re: Burns kit

Post by pseudonym »

GeeGee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:25 pm You've got to laugh as preppers we do see the darkest parts of things as were always trying to stay one step ahead and its usually doom and gloom.. but if I hadn't read this the other week if I hadn't ordered the burns gel and read what to do I would probably still be in A &E 18 hours later with a red raw rear 😳
So thank you everyone
You saved my ass ...literally!
I hoped you ordered a replacement. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

pseudonym wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:47 pm
GeeGee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:25 pm You've got to laugh as preppers we do see the darkest parts of things as were always trying to stay one step ahead and its usually doom and gloom.. but if I hadn't read this the other week if I hadn't ordered the burns gel and read what to do I would probably still be in A &E 18 hours later with a red raw rear 😳
So thank you everyone
You saved my ass ...literally!
I hoped you ordered a replacement. :mrgreen:
Oh 2 ..doubled up as iits my biggest asset 🙊 😅😅😅😅
Was interesting to say the least in pool tonight
The cold water was sooo nice .through gritted teeth
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Hope it's not blistered and in need of debriding :shock:

Oh and Lidl have cheap (official world cup) England shirts in if it will cheer up the hubby. Little man got a shirt and shorts for £6.99 he's didn't stop running round the house in it all last night
Screenshot_20221123-223359.png
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 am
GeeGee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:17 am
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:23 pm If you have Clean running water . Big roll of cling film....

20 mins under cool water then wrap in cling film (loosely not tightly)

Then off to hospital.

Away from water burns gell

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RedRelief-Emer ... 50&sr=8-10

Either just the gell and cling film

Or the burns dressings and a crape bandage

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Reliance-Medic ... pons&psc=1
Read this the other week and ordered some of the gel ..just in case
Thanks Yorks Andy
Came in from the pool last night
Tripped over the damned cat backwards as I was stripping off to shove everything in washer
Wobbled backwards and planted my Ar$e firmly on the wood burner
The left cheek to be exact 🙄
Have spent the night lying on my stomach with the burn relief gel spread across said ass
I can confirm this gel works and takes the sting out of the tail ...literally
Sat a a angle now with the cat staring at me ...
Sometimes it really just doesn't ###*** matter how prepared you are 😅
I've just spat my caramel wafer out reading that hope your derriere is feeling better soon and that Mr gee gee has offered to kiss it better :lol: as for the cat sling it outside it might get the hint the human can opener is not happy
Well like andy i nearly spat me coffee out lol , i can see it now so where is the pain madam , well it is sort of pirvate well you can tell me i am a professional , well it is my bottom oh you mean your arse madam can you please sendf a picture to the number direct and we can then take action on what to do next , the number is ************** ok thank you we will be right back once the picture arrived with advice , bing ok the picture arrived madam may i just say sorry that was my private number but i will say that isa might big one and you will need extra help rubbing the gel in i be right over lol .

Omg my ribs but thank you for the laugh , we have a large burns kit with the pouch gels and gel pads but i am going to order some of the one andy recommends as my wife is always burning her fingers if i let her help in the kitchening lol , yup she stopped cooking or got banned when i asked her once to get my 12" 'wait for it andy' steal and kideny puff pastry pie out the oven i made a beut and had to run in the small room and shouted her as the buzzer went to get it out could she put it on the side to cool she got it out but has ranyards and never felt the heat until she was wasit high with the pie and just dropped it splat , i will say my german shepard at the time was right in there helping clean it up lol