Value Range foods compared

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
ForgeCorvus

Re: Value Range foods compared

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Stagg is our go to tinned chilli..... Well, my go to as Herself doesn't do even that level of spice.
They do (or at least did) a range ( I've not had the 'Dynamite hot', but the Classic and the TexMex are as spicey as I go for..... You might find them a bit wimpy though) and they're all good.
The shaped meat gives a nice texture and a bit of bite.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Frnc

Re: Value Range foods compared

Post by Frnc »

Article in the Guardian yesterday about UK agriculture struggling due to wet weather, also other countries in Europe, and drought in Morocco, all meaning food prices are likely to go up. As if they haven't gone up enough already.

Cauliflowers have gone up in price, and have been smaller recently. Remember, half the diameter of a sphere is 1/8 volume! For pizzas, half the diameter is 1/4 of the size. I might start weighing them, the cauliflowers, not the pizzas.

Trying to decide whether to go over to Aldi coffee. It's not bad, lot cheaper than Azera or L'OR. LOR is nice, but I wouldn't dream of buying it unless it was £3 off, which it was recently. Even then it's not cheap. I only buy Azera when it's on offer as well.