Asda Rationing to Three x

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
jansman

Re: Asda Rationing to Three x

Post by jansman »

Tesco have just delivered. They are excellent. We have dealt with them since about 2000. In between we’ve used Asda ,Sainsbury and so forth. Tesco will do. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Well i will not use asda again we have used many over the years but most are out of the stuff we need yet asda still had it all on their site so i said s0d it lets do a asda shop online , we put all the stuff in but can not allow subs on the gluten free as we have had some weird stuff before and you want gluten free bread we ened with a standard bloomer so no sub well to say most of the stuff was out of stock your not joking .

They had nothing gluten free well 1 pack of custard creams and nothign else no bread no sausages , no biscuits and i thought asa treat i have some ready salted crisps lol nope none in , so i ring asda to be told they have supply chain issues and that there is a general shortage of all these things , so me so why does your site let me order them if you do not have them , well sir because we cansend substitues lol , but me you have no gluten free to substitue it with no says the little voice on the end of the phone lmao omg

we glad we have lots of stuff in stock just goign to make 2 loaves 1 herby bread for soups and that and 1 for sandwiches
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

steptoe wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:11 pm Well i will not use asda again we have used many over the years but most are out of the stuff we need yet asda still had it all on their site
You have to remember that the site is covering the whole country, while your order is picked at your local store. So it's quite unlikely that anything will ever show as out of stock, unless it's nationally out of stock.
At least I think that's how it works.
With ASDA we've had milk, potatoes and even bread unavailable.

Currently not doing home delivery. It is a precious time saver, but we currently squander time shopping around.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

jennyjj01 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:35 pm
steptoe wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:11 pm Well i will not use asda again we have used many over the years but most are out of the stuff we need yet asda still had it all on their site
You have to remember that the site is covering the whole country, while your order is picked at your local store. So it's quite unlikely that anything will ever show as out of stock, unless it's nationally out of stock.

Currently not doing home delivery. It is a precious time saver, but we currently squander time shopping around.
Ah ok jen see morrisons have i thionk only every had a couple of bits out of stock during lockdown , but we have been told morrisons is not picked in store but at the warehouse how true that is i do not know but i think we will go back to morrisons , i like sainsburys to but they also could not deliver the bread or gluten free stuff .
jansman

Post by jansman »

jennyjj01 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:35 pm

In our experience,Asda are not the problem from survival of supply,it’s the providing of service and … well service! That’s round here anyway. ;)
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.