What3words

Medical and Healthcare
SamVimes

What3words

Post by SamVimes »

If you call 999 from a landline, your address can be easily traced. From a mobile it takes longer and is a bit vague. The What3words app is used by the emergency services so could be a valuable addition to your phone.
GillyBee

Re: What3words

Post by GillyBee »

ALso good if you need to direct someone to a difficult to find entrance or meet up in a field, festival or anywhere it isn't easy to confirm you are in the right place.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Screenshot_20220830-090058.png

If you dial 112 your location is displayed last time I called the fire service the location was exactly where I was which cause a bit of confusion as I'd driven past the incident and stopped in a safe place to make the call that and I didn't want the kids to see the mess .....

I favour os grid reference and have a app on my phone that uses the GPS in the handset.. it doesn't need WiFi or mobile data either

There's also text 999 service if you are in a remote area and can get a flickering signal
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Well now Andy i would have you down for the full on flare kit in the car lol .

In truth we do not own a mobile the wife has one i should say but mine is 30 years old it does text but that is all we use it for in hospital to text back and forward what i need or she needs lol , i have been teaching her the computer now she has never wanted to before but due to my health she now feels it is time she knew how to do the banking and order stuff in in case i can't .

I have always wondered about those what 3 wrods thing i hate people being able to trace my every move but as i have a pacer i guess if someone wanted to they could use that lol , i do wonder about like the cars have the gps tracker thing i wonder if there is a medical version i should look in to that but as we do not venture far these days i guess i am safe