Shortage of cat vaccine

Medical and Healthcare
Mad Scientist

Shortage of cat vaccine

Post by Mad Scientist »

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/people/vacci ... 544195?amp

Rang the vet to get my cat booked in for her yearly vaccination only to be told they don’t have any until December! Not much of a bother for us at the moment as we’ve been away while our cat’s vaccination was still in date so we were able to board her in a Cattery and she’s generally in good health -I’d like to keep her like that.Vet says the effect of the previous vaccination will hang on until December but I’m not impressed. On further investigation it’s a problem all over the country and in Europe. Apparently the cat flu vaccine is made by one of the same companies that make the Covid vaccine and in the past two years the cat vaccines have been put on the back boiler. Many people over lockdown got cats and dogs which generated an upsurge in the need for animal vaccines so there’s now a big divide between supply and demand. Just a heads up guys to check your pets records and get them vaccinated asap. Some vets have a plentiful supply so it’s worth checking. Let’s not forget our furry chums in the general chaos.