Deer vs veggies

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
steptoe

Re: Deer vs veggies

Post by steptoe »

Cocotte wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:58 pm I've heard that circling your property with human hair keeps deer at bay.
Just ask the local barbers for a couple of bin bags, they're always more than happy to offload.
I can tell you it does not work like peeing all round your property does not keep foxes away tried that to lol , my friend in the states has also tried everything to keep deer off her hosta's lol yup they love them nibble nibble nibble all gone
Cocotte

Post by Cocotte »

But then what excuse do I have for marking my territorial property line, if not for foxes?
Repeling Mormons/charity scammers/neighbourhood children?
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Cocotte wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:37 pm But then what excuse do I have for marking my territorial property line, if not for foxes?
Repeling Mormons/charity scammers/neighbourhood children?
If that is for me in what sense , i can tell you we tried the peeing we tried the hair and none work i think it might work for a few hours but if you live ina urban area out foxes come to the house for dinner now lol , yup we love feeding them the thing is the do not damage the garden and they are fun to watch , if i had chickens liek we wanted then no i would not feed them and want them in the garden but hey i laugh when they bring the cubs lol omg the giggles we have had at a young cub climb on a box only for it to have taken mositure in to the cardboard and woof down it goes lol , plus foxes means no rats as far as i see , we live on the canal right on it and i saw water rats and sewer rats down the bottom of the gardne when we moved in and i started fishing but since i have encouraged the foxes and our stray cats lol no more rats , now squirrels the tree rat are a pain