Winter 2022 what are you doing to get ready

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: Winter 2022 what are you doing to get ready

Post by jansman »

I replaced the blade on my bench saw. This is critical to my Winter preps: I am processing firewood like a squirrel on speed! I have an arrangement with a woodworking neighbour to take his oak/ beech waste,and it is very high volume! I make sure he gets a couple of decent steaks on a regular basis. :D :D

Also: without starting another thread, I need some new rechargeable AA and AAA batteries. Can anyone recommend brands?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

jansman wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:08 pm I replaced the blade on my bench saw. This is critical to my Winter preps: I am processing firewood like a squirrel on speed! I have an arrangement with a woodworking neighbour to take his oak/ beech waste,and it is very high volume! I make sure he gets a couple of decent steaks on a regular basis. :D :D

Also: without starting another thread, I need some new rechargeable AA and AAA batteries. Can anyone recommend brands?
Duracel, AA 2500 mAh Batteries Pack of 4 £9.02 (37% off list)
Duracell Rechargeable AAA 900 mAh Batteries, Pack of 4 £7.53
...would be a good comparison point.
Note that they (Duracell) also do lower mAh versions so make sure you are comparing like for like.
Energiser is another good make.
Eneloop are supposed to be good, but they are expensive. That's a type, not a brand.

or

Energizer Accu Recharge Power Plus Rechargeable AA Batteries, 4 each 42% off, £6.79
jansman

Post by jansman »

Frnc wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:22 pm
jansman wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:08 pm I replaced the blade on my bench saw. This is critical to my Winter preps: I am processing firewood like a squirrel on speed! I have an arrangement with a woodworking neighbour to take his oak/ beech waste,and it is very high volume! I make sure he gets a couple of decent steaks on a regular basis. :D :D

Note that they (Duracell) also do lower mAh versions so make sure you are comparing like for like.
Eneloop are supposed to be good, but they are expensive. That's a type, not a brand.

or

Energizer Accu Recharge Power Plus Rechargeable AA Batteries, 4 each 42% off, £6.79
I’ll have a look. Thanks.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

jansman wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:39 pm

or

was on Amazon
jansman

Post by jansman »

Frnc wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:22 pm
jansman wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:39 pm

or

was on Amazon
Thanks. I will check The Bay. I don’t like Amazon.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

I came across this on money-saving expert. Maybe of interest to a few. I'm definitely going to look into some of the usb powered ideas as can run of a powered Bank that I can charge in work :mrgreen:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utili ... ve-energy/

Also I don't know if they are any good but noticed that ikea are now doing rechargeable batteries. I think the were £5 for 4 AA or AAA.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

i love that quote,processing firewood like a squirrel on speed lol,similar here though as much firewood as i can lay my hands on
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Ahastyatom

Post by Ahastyatom »

Ahastyatom wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:35 pm I came across this on money-saving expert. Maybe of interest to a few. I'm definitely going to look into some of the usb powered ideas as can run of a powered Bank that I can charge in work :mrgreen:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utili ... ve-energy/
Sorry I've just seen Hobo's thread :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
hobo

Post by hobo »

I use Amazon basics. Or Ladda or Eneloop.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:08 pm I

Lidl have some in ATM they had 8 packs in about 2 weeks back and got 4 packs in too
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine