Berkey vs British Berkefeld

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
Moorland Prepper

Berkey vs British Berkefeld

Post by Moorland Prepper »

I'm not sure which of the above to get. Strangely I can't seem to find any English speaking site that compares and contrasts them. The only site that I can find on YouTube is in French!

From looking at a variety of sites I get the impression that the filters in the Berkey are slightly better, but last quite a bit longer than those of the British Berkefeld.

Anyone any views or details on these two filter systems? Which would you prefer and why?

Thanks
GillyBee

Re: Berkey vs British Berkefeld

Post by GillyBee »

I don't currently have either but am veering towards the British Berkefeld simply because using an American product is adding another leg to the journey for spare parts and filters. With the current supply chain issues I think that is another risk to add to the equation.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Maybe a third option ?
Made in the UK out of parts and materials sourced in the UK
https://www.coldstreamfilters.com/?v=79cba1185463

Full disclosure: Where I work supplies parts for the filters, I get nothing from KLT for mentioning their products
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Moorland Prepper

Good point GillyBee - and relevant for a lot of things

Thanks for the link ForgeCorvus, I'd never hear of these
Moorland Prepper

I just wondered if anyone knows the difference between a British Berkefeld and a Doulton British Berkefeld?

Thanks