Let there be (a little ) light

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
rik_uk3

Let there be (a little ) light

Post by rik_uk3 »

Small micro USB light and a small low power battery bank. Plugged in the little LED and it gives of about the same light as a small tea light, enough for a two man tent or background light.

I plugged in the bulb and left it running continuously and it lasted eight days running 24 hours a day. A small cheap option, both items cheap enough on ebay
mini usb light.JPG
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
Frnc

Re: Let there be (a little ) light

Post by Frnc »

I have one of those inflatable solar lanterns. You just reminded me. Going to leave on the window sill to see if it charges. Not tested it for a few years. It has no battery. I used it at a festival, it was quite good for ambient light in the tent. Obviously I have other lighting. I prefer head torches but they serve a different purpose.
jansman

Post by jansman »

LED lighting in all its forms are a modern game changer, for sure! Even the cheap jobs chuck out more light than oil lights or candles; and are a damned sight safer too!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
korolev

Post by korolev »

I recently bought some bright white LEDs to light up a beer font in my home pub. I run them off a USB charger (using a 75 Ohm resistor to limit the current).
A single one is as bright as a candle and it draws about 26mA. Going on this it should run for about 19 days from my bigger power bank.
I also have a little solar panel from a long defunct power bank so I suppose the next thing to do is see how much charge that will put in...