Security for your fuel stores

Homes and Retreats
jansman

Re: Security for your fuel stores

Post by jansman »

Wood IS difficult to move, in fairness. I have a solid gate on the entry to the back of my house, so it WOULD be nigh on impossible to steal. However; in a crisis, my neighbours may well be ‘ asking’ for fuel. I had this happen over Christmas. My neighbour 3 doors down contacted me and asked if I could spare some firewood.I helped him, and asked for nothing. I got nothing! He posted a thanks on my wife’s social media page, and one of his friends replied “ why don’t you ask them for a couple of bottles of wine too?” Taking the p£££ or what?

In a crisis, THAT will be MY problem. However, it will be a straight “no , I need it”, or “What are you paying, or trading?”
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
British Red

Post by British Red »

I happily provide heat & food for the elderly & frail. Those who are too idle to provide for themselves can go hungry and cold. My log yard backs onto my neighbouring farmers hard stand. Two (long retired) farm labourers use the hard stand to process wood. Me and my neighbour use my wood yard. The average age of those cutting extra wood for "the old folk" must be around 70 🤣
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I don't tend to buy wood as I have enough coming in from work and other sources so had to look up exactly how much it costs. This is just pulled off a search,
https://www.logsforsale.co.uk/product/2 ... oup%20%231
I've always brought firewood home but even so there must have been tens if not hundreds of thousands of pounds worth that have been left behind in skips and that from someone who's nickname was skippy at one point. To be fair when there was a steady stream of wood there was less incentive to stockpile huge amounts. The stream has reduced a bit recently so I tend to store more now. It is heavy and pound for pound there are probably better things to nick but it wouldn't take long for a scrote to chuck £50-100 quids worth in the back of a van so I'd say a possibility more than a probability.