Hi from a New Member

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
MikeG76

Hi from a New Member

Post by MikeG76 »

Evening everyone.

I'm Mike from North Wales and joined today to get some ideas and see what other people in the UK were doing with regards to prepping.

I've always been interested in prepping and survival, but started to pay closer attention when a channel i watch reported on the pandemic about 6 months before our first lockdown. Not really looking at any specific areas, although advice on Solar would be good.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and hopefully i can speak to some of you more.

Cheers Mike.

PS. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. However, they did call Noah a conspiracy theorist until it started raining :lol:
pseudonym

Re: Hi from a New Member

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

I suggest looking at Yorkshire Andy's posts. Here's a couple:

viewtopic.php?p=213062&hilit=Solar#p213062

viewtopic.php?t=13491

viewtopic.php?p=132399&hilit=Solar+shed ... ht#p132303

HTH
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

MikeG76 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:44 pm I'm Mike from North Wales and joined today to get some ideas and see what other people in the UK were doing with regards to prepping.

I've always been interested in prepping and survival, but started to pay closer attention when a channel i watch reported on the pandemic about 6 months before our first lockdown. Not really looking at any specific areas, although advice on Solar would be good.

Cheers Mike.

PS. I'm not a conspiracy theorist. However, they did call Noah a conspiracy theorist until it started raining :lol:
Hi Mike and welcome.
Mostly we are just trying to be ready to deal with the unexpected or expected. Mostly with practical multi purpose preps such as a full pantry, a few torches and stoves and spare can opener :) . Though there's much concern from the news lately, we are inclined to focus on what we can. Not many survivalist types here, we tend to expect to bug in a bit like we all had to with lockdown.

Have a browse and you'll soon get to know who is good for what. Also be free to ask and answer questions.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, Mike, hope you're finding it useful.

As for Noah ... well, there's ordinary flooding (had one of those myself, before my prepping days), and there's being caught out when it's flooding, or having to get out because of a flood ... that's when planning a route becomes important.

As pseudonym has listed, we have quite a few threads, and a few incredibly knowledgeable members whose discussions go way above my head, but they're always very willing to knock out the nitty gritty for members.

Keep going!
MikeG76

Post by MikeG76 »

jennyjj01 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:22 pm
MikeG76 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:44 pm I'm Mike from North Wales and joined today to get some ideas and see what other people in the UK were doing with regards to prepping.

Cheers Mike.

Hi Mike and welcome.
Mostly we are just trying to be ready to deal with the unexpected or expected. Mostly with practical multi purpose preps such as a full pantry, a few torches and stoves and spare can opener :) . Though there's much concern from the news lately, we are inclined to focus on what we can. Not many survivalist types here, we tend to expect to bug in a bit like we all had to with lockdown.

Have a browse and you'll soon get to know who is good for what. Also be free to ask and answer questions.
I very much intend on bugging in. I live on the sea front, about 5-10 mins from the mountains and far enough from any major big city. :D :lol:
MikeG76

Post by MikeG76 »

pseudonym wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:51 pm Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)

I suggest looking at Yorkshire Andy's posts. Here's a couple:

viewtopic.php?p=213062&hilit=Solar#p213062

viewtopic.php?t=13491

viewtopic.php?p=132399&hilit=Solar+shed ... ht#p132303

HTH
Cheers mate
MikeG76

Post by MikeG76 »

Arzosah wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:39 pm Welcome to the forum, Mike, hope you're finding it useful.

As for Noah ... well, there's ordinary flooding (had one of those myself, before my prepping days), and there's being caught out when it's flooding, or having to get out because of a flood ... that's when planning a route becomes important.

As pseudonym has listed, we have quite a few threads, and a few incredibly knowledgeable members whose discussions go way above my head, but they're always very willing to knock out the nitty gritty for members.

Keep going!
sounds great. Many thanks