Cooking oil shortages

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
Arzosah

Re: Cooking oil shortages

Post by Arzosah »

I've just updated the Asda order I have booked for tomorrow - ordered a 1l olive oil already, but I wanted some sunflower oil too. One litre bottles were sold out, but the 3 litre readily available, so that's what I've got. I also ordered some wound dressings, which have gone up 30% in the last fortnight.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

This from the Tesco site

"The war in Ukraine has affected supplies of sunflower oil. To allow food products made with sunflower oil to remain on sale, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) and Food Standards Scotland (FSS) have advised producers can replace sunflower oil with other vegetable oils, such as refined rapeseed oil, without changing labels.

The FSA/FSS have advised that allergic reactions to rapeseed oil are very rare.

We are changing our labels as quickly as possible but some foods products which usually contain sunflower oil may instead contain refined rapeseed oil.
"
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Snagged another 3l bottle tonight that brings Stock up to about 10l of sunflower / veg oil more than enough for a good while plus a couple of bottles of olive oil already in the cupboard and a few cans of ghee

No point in going mad as the wife isn't a fan of chips unlike me :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

So, the 3l bottle I ordered because the 1l bottle was unavailable didn't come. Nor did the wound dressings. Of a £65 order, only £50 worth of goods turned up. That's the worst I've ever had.
British Red

Post by British Red »

That's very telling!