First Post Introduction

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
ukprepperlife

First Post Introduction

Post by ukprepperlife »

Hi All

I'm a new member to the forum, but not a new prepper. I've always liked to be fairly self-sufficient in everything I do, and prepping fits fairly naturally with that.

My prepping started many years ago as a teen who loved the outdoors. With the aid of a couple of books (SAS Survival Guide always a favourite), I taught myself a lot of bushcraft and survival skills. I was always the one who had the first aid kit, swiss army knife, duct tape etc whenever my friends needed anything and that developed into becoming a fully fledged prepper.

I like to think of prepping as being organised and ready for anything, rather than focussing on a massive apocalypse. Having said that though, I think that starting small and gradually building up supplies, kit, knowledge and experience over the years mean that I'm ready for most things!

I enjoy writing about prepping, and have a website where I publish articles about prepping and survival skills. I do it more for my enjoyment, but I'd like to hope that it helps someone too.

Looking forward to getting to know some like minded people through this forum.
itsybitsy

Re: First Post Introduction

Post by itsybitsy »

Hello and welcome to our community.

I'm sure you've already read the rules, but just as general reminder, we don't allow any advertising on our forum. :)
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

ukprepperlife wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:53 am Hi All

I'm a new member to the forum, but not a new prepper.
I enjoy writing about prepping, and have a website where I publish articles about prepping and survival skills. I do it more for my enjoyment, but I'd like to hope that it helps someone too.

Looking forward to getting to know some like minded people through this forum.
Hi, and welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your contributions here.
You'll no doubt notice a leaning here towards bugging in and dealing with events far more mundane than TEOTWAWKI, though that does seem to be a hot topic more recently. :tinfoil
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a good depth of knowledge already.

Interesting about duct tape ... I'll be using some over the weekend, repairing the lid of my wheelie bin :lol: it blew over in the storms and it's letting water in. And it's still covered in saharan dust, but we won't talk about that :lol:

Hope you find stuff on here that's useful.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

Howdy :)
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.
ukprepperlife

Post by ukprepperlife »

Hi all and thank you for the welcomes :) Looking forward to getting to talk to you more.
itsybitsy wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:49 am I'm sure you've already read the rules, but just as general reminder, we don't allow any advertising on our forum.
Yes I read the rules, I'm not here to promote my website, just mentioned it as it's part of my prepping interests :)
Arzosah wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:00 am Interesting about duct tape ... I'll be using some over the weekend, repairing the lid of my wheelie bin :lol: it blew over in the storms and it's letting water in. And it's still covered in saharan dust, but we won't talk about that :lol:
Duct tape, one of my favourite tools for almost anything :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:54 am You'll no doubt notice a leaning here towards bugging in and dealing with events far more mundane than TEOTWAWKI, though that does seem to be a hot topic more recently. :tinfoil
haha I'm definitely more on the mundane side of prepping, but it's good to be aware of ideas for anything!
ukprepperlife

Post by ukprepperlife »

Also, not ignoring PMs, I just can't reply yet as I'm new here I think!
Jerseyspud

Post by Jerseyspud »

Duct tape fixes everything

I go through alot at work :lol:
when it comes to catastrophic events, we never know when the day before is the day before. So we prepare for tomorrow

Prepping on a small island
Sammy

Post by Sammy »

Hello and welcome from a fellow "Newbie". Last time I used duct tape was in the bedroom. Handy stuff :)