Alka Seltzer

Medical and Healthcare
itsybitsy

Alka Seltzer

Post by itsybitsy »

Has anyone taken these before? I'm intrigued...
jansman

Re: Alka Seltzer

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:12 pm Has anyone taken these before? I'm intrigued...
My dad swore by them after a good night out :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I think you'd be just as well taking bicarb and fizzy juice, or a soluble asprin.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

If you are good at consuming weird tasting fizzy stuff give them a go. A bit old school these days I think and there used to be an old TV advert that went "plink, plink, fizz" Anything like that makes me retch and I would much rather suffer the indigestion or take Gaviscon even though it is chalky and nasty. Talking about old school remedies my Mum mentioned the other day that when she was emptying her Dad's (my Grandad's) wardrobe after he died she checked through all of his pockets in clothing expecting to find a handkerchief or a few coppers but all that she found were Fisherman's Friends in literally every pocket she went through. Have a cold take a Fisherman's Friend, have a cough take a Fisherman's Friend, have a sore throat ....
Growing old disgracefully!
GillyBee

Post by GillyBee »

It does the same job as Rennies or any other indigestion remedy. I used to have Rennies in every pocket until I discovered my chronic indigestion was caused by eating gluten/wheat.
mbbaltic

Post by mbbaltic »

My daughter says you develop a taste for them after a few nights out!! But it's nothing more than a bath bomb with aspirin. You can get the same result from a teaspoon of bicarb in a glass of fizzy water and a paracetamol. Much cheaper ( although Poundland sell small packets quite cheaply)
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Medusa wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:58 pm If you are good at consuming weird tasting fizzy stuff give them a go. A bit old school these days I think and there used to be an old TV advert that went "plink, plink, fizz" Anything like that makes me retch and I would much rather suffer the indigestion or take Gaviscon even though it is chalky and nasty. Talking about old school remedies my Mum mentioned the other day that when she was emptying her Dad's (my Grandad's) wardrobe after he died she checked through all of his pockets in clothing expecting to find a handkerchief or a few coppers but all that she found were Fisherman's Friends in literally every pocket she went through. Have a cold take a Fisherman's Friend, have a cough take a Fisherman's Friend, have a sore throat ....
Arrh fisherman's friends! Yes vile tasting to start but you get oddly drawn to having another one. My dad used those all the time. I swear by Tyrozettes (sp?) lozenges for a sore throat as they properly numb your throat, (and tongue and art of your mouth) :lol: And yes I remember the "Plink plink fizz!"
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)