Hi, first post

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
dizzydays

Re: Hi, first post

Post by dizzydays »

I use nettles for either tea or nettle soup - I think I may have put a recipe in the recipe section years ago. I use dandelions too. Both of these only for any health benefits (I have arthritis amongst other stuff) and they're free! Doesn't get much cheaper than nettle/potato soup in a pinch.
I'd love a cellar!! Especially now in case Putin gets itchy fingers with the buttons. I'd have a cellar well kitted out!

DD
Bijela

Post by Bijela »

Hi, like some before me. Bugging out in to a tent should be more of a last resort. Even without electricity or gas, 4 brick walls and a roof has plus sides. You can all use 1 room which will hold the heat better than a tent. You probably can defend your home better. I always think someone can easily slash the tent open with a good knife.

Primary plan is to bug in however I live near a major piece of UK infrastructure that has "tactical nuke target" written all over it.

Me too. No chance of out running it. If you plan for a bug out place you probably need to look for somewhere 10 mins from home and work. I'm no-where near ready for something like that.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Bijela wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:06 pm Hi, like some before me. Bugging out in to a tent should be more of a last resort.
It would definitely be a last resort. I've put a lot of effort into planning for it precisely because it would be so difficult, especially long term. Normally bugging out is thought of as for a few days, but you never know. Also if you had to bug in long term, knowing what wild plants and fungi are edible might still come in handy.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

SamVimes wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:25 pm
Primary plan is to bug in however I live near a major piece of UK infrastructure that has "tactical nuke target" written all over it.
You're in Swindon?

This was supposed to be on a Soviet Cold War "Grab this when we invade" list
If that situation is reached all bets are off. Could relocate to the midlands but I suspect the roads will be a tad congested.
If you can survive the Magic Roundabout, you can do anything :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:53 pm
You're in Swindon?

If that situation is reached all bets are off. Could relocate to the midlands but I suspect the roads will be a tad congested.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:53 pm
You're in Swindon?

Take the road signs down dad's army style and those pesky invaders will get well and truly lost :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine