Returning Newbie

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
HHD64

Returning Newbie

Post by HHD64 »

Hi all, just had a b********g from admin for not introducing myself ;)

I was previously a member on this site but due to some serious family health issues didn’t visit for a while, and forgot user name and password.

Anyway, I am based in Kent, and have a background in emergency / contingency planning before making a mid life career change and working in the forestry industry. I am currently self employed on a part time basis (due to still dealing with family health issues involving care of my elderly mother).

My interests included walking, wild camping, off road expeditions and managing my own woodland. My prepping experience and interests are geared to towards dealing with most common scenarios ( from the short term, up to 48 hours - ensuring each of my vehicles always has a “bug out bag”, water, food and sleeping bag, up to ensuring I have supplies at home for around 4 weeks without regular access to utilities or regular food / medical supplies) until some normality is resumed by the authorities; although the recent events in Ukraine have made me think about planning for longer term scenarios.

I would be interested to hear from anyone else in Kent, particularly Medway towns area.

HHD64.
jansman

Re: Returning Newbie

Post by jansman »

We have rules,and an introduction is one of them. Welcome back.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
HHD64

Post by HHD64 »

Thanks jansman,

I was always taught rules are the adherence of fools, and guidance of the wise. Not sure which category I fit in, ;-)

it’s good to be back.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

HHD64 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:50 pm Hi all, just had a b********g from admin for not introducing myself ;)

I was previously a member on this site but due to some serious family health issues didn’t visit for a while, and forgot user name and password.
Welcome back into the light (In these dark days).
Hope your family and health issues resolve as well as possible.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hello there, HHD, welcome back - an introduction is honestly so useful, ones like you just wrote anyway - its a "broad church", is prepping. At the moment I'm loving the though that you have your own woodland? How big is it?

Sorry to hear about the health troubles - I hope it all eventually resolves well.
Opti

Post by Opti »

Hi
Hello from Kent! I've just joined.
Opti
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
HHD64

Post by HHD64 »

Opti wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:55 pm Hi
Hello from Kent! I've just joined.
Opti
And welcome to you as well, just read your intro, seems we have a very similar journey.
HHD64

Post by HHD64 »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:54 pm Hello there, HHD, welcome back - an introduction is honestly so useful, ones like you just wrote anyway - its a "broad church", is prepping. At the moment I'm loving the though that you have your own woodland? How big is it?

Sorry to hear about the health troubles - I hope it all eventually resolves well.

Thank you, the wood is just over 8 acres, it hasn’t really been part of my “prepping” plans and is more for recreation and small scale timber / firewood sales. However, as per my intro I am now looking at planning for longer term scenarios, so am considering what possibilities it may present.
Smudge

Post by Smudge »

HHD64 wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:04 pm
I was always taught rules are the adherence of fools, and guidance of the wise. ;-)
I like that, welcome back.
If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is usually the answer.