welsh/swedish candles

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Rusty74

welsh/swedish candles

Post by Rusty74 »

not really candles but a seasoned log on end that has had several cuts made into it and stuffed with kindling and then lit,they burn from the inside out and last for hours,ideal for cooking on with a saucepan or frying pan,obviously for outdoor use and sorry i dont know how to post photos of one,if anyone could that would be great to show others what i mean?
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
ForgeCorvus

Re: welsh/swedish candles

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Here you go.

Find an image, copy the link, click on the little picture button ( 9th one from the left above the box you're typing in ) and paste between the two pairs of square brackets.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

Swedish? Yes but when did Welsh candle start to be used? You learn something new everyday.
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:41 pm Here you go.

Find an image, copy the link, click on the little picture button ( 9th one from the left above the box you're typing in ) and paste between the two pairs of square brackets.
thanks im hopeless at this
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

rik_uk3 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:05 pm Swedish? Yes but when did Welsh candle start to be used? You learn something new everyday.
duno mate but im welsh and guessing like you,your welsh so if made in wales its a welsh candle is it not?
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I had to visit my local Wickes on sunday to pick up a bottle of glue and while waiting in the queue shuffled past a bin of these things. £2.50 each which seems expensive to me for what is in effect a single log with a couple of cuts in it but I suppose if one doesn't the wherewithall to make them...
https://www.wickes.co.uk/Homefire-Swedi ... s/p/252570
I noticed these logs come with a rope nailed across the top , I assumed that was for carrying it , unlit obviously , ordoes it serve another purpose , to act as kindling for instance? Amusing that they call these eco logs and say they are imported from Lithuania at the same time.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

Rusty74 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:41 pm
rik_uk3 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:05 pm Swedish? Yes but when did Welsh candle start to be used? You learn something new everyday.
duno mate but im welsh and guessing like you,your welsh so if made in wales its a welsh candle is it not?
Sorry boy bach but I've gone all woke in my old age and calling it a Welsh candle is cultural appropriation against Swedish history and culture and must stop immediately. Anybody using the vile term will be cancelled ... I'm deeply offended by this cultural rape of our Scandinavian brothers and sisters ;)

Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

rik_uk3 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:27 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:41 pm
Sorry boy bach but I've gone all woke in my old age and calling it a Welsh candle is cultural appropriation against Swedish history and culture and must stop immediately. Anybody using the vile term will be cancelled ... I'm deeply offended by this cultural rape of our Scandinavian brothers and sisters ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Cocotte

Post by Cocotte »

rik_uk3 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:27 pm Sorry boy bach but I've gone all woke in my old age and calling it a Welsh candle is cultural appropriation against Swedish history and culture and must stop immediately. Anybody using the vile term will be cancelled ... I'm deeply offended by this cultural rape of our Scandinavian brothers and sisters
Don't worry in Sweden they're "Finnish"