New Member - Hi

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Mrpreppymcpreperton

New Member - Hi

Post by Mrpreppymcpreperton »

Hi I'm located in Gloucestershire. The determination in Europe currently with Russia and Ukraine has sped up my prepping. I'm not hard-core bit getting q few bits in.. power generation, buckets for water etc..
Hi!
jansman

Re: New Member - Hi

Post by jansman »

Welcome. We don’t do hard core here :lol: buckets for water and a bit of home power sounds like a good start to me! Get in,ask questions,look around. Do like your user name by the way. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Mrpreppymcpreperton wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:09 pm Hi I'm located in Gloucestershire. The determination in Europe currently with Russia and Ukraine has sped up my prepping. I'm not hard-core bit getting q few bits in.. power generation, buckets for water etc..
Hi!
Hi MrPMcP and welcome.
All preps are better than no preps and we each do it our own way. Why Buckets for water? Just curious. Water is an odd prep in a way. It's an absolute essential for life, but is so incredibly rare for it to not be on tap. Also very storage hungry. I keep a few dozen 2L bottle (17p from Aldi) and back that up with a stash of water purifier tablets and a couple of water straws. It would take some sort of biological or toxic attack on a WW3 scale to take tap water offline long term. Then we'd just have to pray for clean rain to harvest.

So, anyhow. Please share your prepping thoughts and ideas. What are you prepping for? What are you stocked up on? Bug in or bug out prepper?

Stay safe
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Hi Mr McPreppy (great name :lol: ).

As far as water's concerned, I've got more or less the same as Jenny - buckets would concern me on a hygiene level unless they were plastic ones with a lid that would snap shut. Not a hardcore conversation, but a useful one :D

Have you checked out your county's resilience plan? It's important to know what local threats there are, as well as the international possibilities. Flooding might be an issue round you? Though there's lots of Glos that's nowhere near the Severn.

Welcome to the forum, in any case.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Howdoo. My water prep: I have four 10 litre containers, which I change out once or twice a year. I have a 25 litre one that's empty but available. I have a small supply of purifier tabs and two filters - Lifestraw and Sawyer Micro. These are all in my bugout bag(s). I'm thinking of buying a water butt. I also have a few 5 litre containers I kinda forgot about or was too lazy to steralise and fill, need to get that done. These are small enough to fit under my bed. Three of the 4 larger ones are at the end of my bed. I don't have masses of space.
Bijela

Post by Bijela »

Hi and welcome. I would consider that if power and water wasn't via mains then we more than likely gone nuclear. One great thing is testing ideas here.