What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 9

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks GillyBee - Im not going to rely on that alone, I've decided, especially after what people on here have said. Turned to salt! That's not good ...

I've got a pump spray bottle of antibac, the household variety, that I can empty out - I'll rinse it and fill it with vinegar, douse the shelves and let them dry, then spray the walls and floor.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:04 pm Thanks GillyBee - Im not going to rely on that alone, I've decided, especially after what people on here have said. Turned to salt! That's not good ...

I've got a pump spray bottle of antibac, the household variety, that I can empty out - I'll rinse it and fill it with vinegar, douse the shelves and let them dry, then spray the walls and floor.
Same, I found some white vinegar and a bathroom cleaner spray that's almost empty, so I'll use that up and use that.
One article also mentioned using bicarbonate (sodium bicarbonate) solution after the vinegar.
https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/pr ... ore-target

Also mentions tea tree oil. I already use out of date TTO for cleaning sometimes.
jansman

Post by jansman »

steptoe wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:49 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:37 pm

I can watch that sort of stuff on my iPad. I’ll have a look. Bored! :? More prepping :D
Hi mate hope it is ok to link on here , this is the first ep on U tube , it was well worth the watch i love it have it on dvd and on the comp as downloads lol yup i know people say wartime was hard times and the bombs but i do wish i could have lived in those times just the helping attitude is something i love , i know there were the schemers and scammers but well life seemd so much more friendly .

That’s great! Thanks steptoe :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBRK5Tf1I4
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:48 pm
jansman wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:35 pm
Arzosah wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:07 pm But jansman, your post at 2.50 on this thread, immediately before this one - are you back in hospital, or have they loaned you a hospital bed, which I know happens?
Ha ha. Yes in hospital til tomorrow all being well. An early scan ,doctor ,prescription and home. The head nurse says they know that home is far better for good feeling. Cannot wait. ;)

Anyhow,you be careful.
I'm glad they understand that, and glad you'll be out of there to see the New Year in in your own home, even if you're in bed fast asleep!

I'm being careful, thanks - there was one more shelf to take off, I cleaned the top of it (it was higher up, and not nearly as dirty, and no mould at all underneath like the other two) and had a mask on the whole time. Took it outside to wash it, as well. These masks are years old, though - ahem, the elastic had perished! I'll fetch some of my covid standard masks to finish off.
Good. Progress. :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

Well prep for the new year was to make some more elderberry syrup but i have just finished it made 2 honey jars full of syrup with clove and cinnamon and lemon juice and 2 tots of vodka to help preserve it a bit long but we take a spoon full a day if you feel a cold coming on you can up to 3 a day .

Well folks hope your all prepping like little squirrels , hide them nuts , ajnsman you know them nurses will be round for the bedbath lol , hey Andy you think we could ring the hopsitla and tell them he needs a full flush out lol

Keep positive jansman
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Started 2023's Car envelope.

£50 a month to cover a full service and MOT in December next year.

Last years envelope was all used up on Wednesday, but all filters liquids been changed, no advisories for a year so I'll take that.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I'm very busy with essential preps. Sampling the new year bottle (ok halfway through it) but well - it might have been off! I had to check!
jansman

Post by jansman »

pseudonym wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:16 pm Started 2023's Car envelope.

£50 a month to cover a full service and MOT in December next year.

Last years envelope was all used up on Wednesday, but all filters liquids been changed, no advisories for a year so I'll take that.
That’s the way P. It’s pretty much how we deal with it. :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:41 pm I'm very busy with essential preps. Sampling the new year bottle (ok halfway through it) but well - it might have been off! I had to check!
All good Lil! :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:41 pm I'm very busy with essential preps. Sampling the new year bottle (ok halfway through it) but well - it might have been off! I had to check!
It is funny you have to check the very bottom of the bottle as that is the bit that can go bad first lol