Free online book website

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
itsybitsy

Re: Free online book website

Post by itsybitsy »

https://openlibrary.org/

I can't vouch for how good it may be as I've never used it but I came across it online.
rik_uk3

Post by rik_uk3 »

The site in the original post has gone
fbi 1.JPG
Richard
South Wales UK
Retired, spending the children's inheritance.
steptoe

Post by steptoe »

itsybitsy wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:53 am https://openlibrary.org/

I can't vouch for how good it may be as I've never used it but I came across it online.
Cheers itsy
Jeffjones297

Post by Jeffjones297 »

Most of the previously free e librarys are gradually closing, or turning into semi scams.
Z book library was a brilliant site, I wish I had downloaded prepping books when they were going strong.
There may be a future, for torrent sharing of prepping and useful stuff books but I've been wary of torrents although I have used them.

The whole Internet is becoming a giant paywall and subscription platform, these days, mores the pity.

If you can, download what you can and store it on memory and hopefully when we need to share, we will and can.
GeraldTheBonzai

Post by GeraldTheBonzai »

Just buy books. No need for the internet, no need for electricity, all you need is a Mk1 eyeball ( and not even your own).
PPrep

Post by PPrep »

ebooks or files such as pdf's do have the disadvantage of needing an electronic device to read them. However, (assuming that such devices are not trashed by CME or EMP), their internal lithium batteries last for many years if not abused. So hopefully the information can still be disseminated a long time after SHTF, should this happen. A huge amount of info can be stored on a tiny memory stick or SD card. I've been collecting and compiling a great deal of online prepper info, and writing a little, as pdf's. The problem is circulating it anonymously and securely (free of charge or any user commitment). Mind you, I do have a few hardcopy books.