Home Security Upgrades

Homes and Retreats
Frnc

Re: Home Security Upgrades

Post by Frnc »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:47 am I like the idea of using a trekking pole as a tent pole :)
A lot of the smaller tents are made like that these days. You can buy 115 cm (45") poles in aluminium or carbon from 6 Moon Designs. This would fit my Geertop tent, which says "Height 114 cm. This tent fits about 101cm to 120cm trekking poles". Oobviously it saves weight, but most trekkers use poles anyway.

It's a very simple setup using the one pole. Actually there is a very small pole that comes with it for the foot end, that fits easily in a pack.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081GRS556/
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

Frnc wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:54 am
Arzosah wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:47 am I like the idea of using a trekking pole as a tent pole :)
A lot of the smaller tents are made like that these days. You can buy 115 cm (45") tent poles in aluminium or carbon from 6 Moon Designs. This would fit my Geertop tent, which says "Height 114 cm. This tent fits about 101cm to 120cm trekking poles". Obviously it saves weight, but most trekkers use trekking poles anyway.

It's a very simple setup using the one pole. Actually there is a very small pole that comes with it for the foot end, that fits easily in a pack.
https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B081GRS556/
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

My Lanshan 2. :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:49 am :oops:
I’m using just to walk in a stable fashion at the moment :lol:
Ouch 😥

From the rest of the feedback about it, its obviously something that's passed me by entirely. So thats an "oops" too.

The big decision I'm making at the moment is about a car, and simultaneously about that, what I stock as a Get Home bag - I have a couple of walking sticks, but a proper pole might well be better, and I can see it can double up as other things too.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:53 am
Ouch 😥

From the rest of the feedback about it, its obviously something that's passed me by entirely. So thats an "oops" too.

The big decision I'm making at the moment is about a car, and simultaneously about that, what I stock as a Get Home bag - I have a couple of walking sticks, but a proper pole might well be better, and I can see it can double up as other things too.
Mines a useful piece of kit. It was part of my car kit,in case of problems out there. Of course I am not allowed to drive now,so my pole looks less ‘walking stick’ if that makes sense?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:13 pm
Arzosah wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:53 am

Ouch 😥

Mines a useful piece of kit. It was part of my car kit,in case of problems out there. Of course I am not allowed to drive now,so my pole looks less ‘walking stick’ if that makes sense?
It does, jansman! My 2 are a very old wooden one, I bought at a local boot sale for £2, when I wasn't sure I'd walk properly again, and my mum's collapsible one, covered in flower transfers, very pretty :) Though come to think of it, I have some actual crutches I rescued from a skip a few years ago, they'd do in a pinch!
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

pseudonym wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:02 am

My Lanshan 2. :mrgreen:
Nice. I have a small 3F tent, but I keep it as a spare. It's not my ideal bugout tent simply because it's quite bright. It is green, but a yellow-green.
Moorland Prepper

Post by Moorland Prepper »

Just received the torch i previously mentioned:

https://preppersshop.co.uk/explorer-gro ... 8300-p.asp

A very solid build with a heavy head on it.