Home Security Upgrades

Homes and Retreats
hobo2

Re: Home Security Upgrades

Post by hobo2 »

Nurseandy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:58 pm All good stuff hobo but make sure you can still get out quickly in the event of a fire.
Thanks, we have that sorted and well-practised!
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Yeah, suspected I might have been singing to the choir! :-)
hobo2

Post by hobo2 »

Nurseandy wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:48 pm Yeah, suspected I might have been singing to the choir! :-)
:lol:
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Not sure if you have all seen this..... Time to gaurd the stocks!

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... n-11962320
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I may have just done some moving around of things in lockable metal cabinets.

My alarm and CCTV deters most scallies, my locks and spiky shrubs the rest, but it doesn't hurt to have a plan C.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
ukpreppergrrl

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

cbp125 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:15 pm Not sure if you have all seen this..... Time to gaurd the stocks!
Yes and no. In the current climate of most work places being closed I would expect to see non-residential burglaries go up. I would expect to see residential burglaries go down - everyone is at home and most burglars want an easy life! This occurred at the weekend when no-one was at the school, but people know the schools have food, a lot of food. The timing was also in the middle of the panic buying crisis - I would guess the food has been stolen to sell on, not because the thieves wanted the food for themselves. Supermarkets are restocking the shelves. Food doesn't now have the resale value it did just a week go. Moreover, unless you are advertising the fact that you have vast stocks of food, Mr Burglar is just going to presume that you have the same amount of food in your house as your neighbour. i.e. not very much. I don't think we're currently at a point when people will be burgling domestic residences for food. Just my 2p.
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Finally got around to fitting two bolts to our bedroom door, with extra long screws just be sure.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

cbp125 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:15 pm Not sure if you have all seen this..... Time to gaurd the stocks!

This are the slashing on tyres on 6 ambulances in one town, the theft of medical supplies from ambulances in 5 other town and the burning of 7 different food delivery vehicles, the attacks on medical staff to steal their ID cards, the breaking into the cars of medical staff in a hospital car park typifies Britain in 2020.
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

this is something iv been thinking about of late,when we bought the place 25 odd years ago and started renovating it once the house was done i built a 10ft wall around it due to us being rural, but there is only one way in and one way out,so a bottle neck,though two sets of gates to get through and two german shepards,plus im a shotgun certificate holder but still a bottle neck if mauders where to call if a SHTF happens
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Rusty74 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:53 pm this is something iv been thinking about of late,when we bought the place 25 odd years ago and started renovating it once the house was done i built a 10ft wall around it due to us being rural, but there is only one way in and one way out,so a bottle neck,though two sets of gates to get through and two german shepards,plus im a shotgun certificate holder but still a bottle neck if mauders where to call if a SHTF happens
Always worth mentioning if you ever have to phone the Police for a break-in.... They really don't like the idea of scumbags nicking guns and will send 'everyone' rather then 'loads'
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar