Water

Finding it, filtering it, treating it all in here!
jameswhite

Re: Water

Post by jameswhite »

i assume you add a decent ammount of whiskey to the water that should kill any wee beasties! dont forget only rolling boil for 1 minute
Red Doe

Post by Red Doe »

Please get started on bow making! I`m an archer. :D
This is great info. I remember a doctor once telling me that in cold weather you don`t sweat (unless through exhertion of course) but the body produces more urine to flush the system, so you wee more. :D
And (at the risk of getting personal! ) I believe her, because in cold weather I wee more.

Betcha all wanted to know that, huh? :lol:
jameswhite

Post by jameswhite »

absolutely right, you also eat more to keep warm and need more water to digest! we make long bows from scratch with axes and knives just finished a flat bow designed around the mere heath style (a very ancient bow) has about 30lb draw weight!
Red Doe

Post by Red Doe »

I love bows, have had a few but only a recurve 34lb left now. My favourite was a Steve Ralphs Hunic, 40lb and just about broke my back to draw it cos I`m a peedie wifie, but oh, it was beautiful. Leather wrapped limbs and the nocks painted to resemble horn. :D

Re water, last year our local water board put in a filtration system because incomers had complained about the colour of the water, which was only down to peat...this area is very peaty. A recent study showed we have been basically overdosing on chemicals so there`s an investigation ongoing into it and we are all hoping they will stop adding so much chlorine which can have serious long term effects. :cry:
In the meantime, I collect as much `free` water as I can and use it a lot of the time, whilst keeping the mains water for washing etc. I have a large-ish stock of water in my workplace, in bottles, for an emergency, but there`s also a burn on my croft and the water is fairly clean though I do boil it.
jameswhite

Post by jameswhite »

if your ever down this way sounds like we need to get the targets out! also sounds like you live in a lovely area!
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Leather wrapped limbs and the nocks painted to resemble horn. :D
Oooops, short silent interlude while Scoobs and CC boggle and wonder what kind of forum this is turning into ! :twisted:
Red Doe

Post by Red Doe »

Tsk, mucky minds hereabouts :lol:
jameswhite

Post by jameswhite »

you will notice that like a polite gentleman i made no comment and will not come down to this base level , now if you will excuse me im off to wrap my horn in leather