What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
munchh

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by munchh »

Not really a prep, but it has my full attention! I finaly let the kids have rabbits, little lionhead cross dwarf, so they have been indoors, turns out my son who loves the dearly is very alergic, so i need to get them in an outdoor hutch quick.
not the best month to need to spend money on a non essential! :(
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Holomon

Post by Holomon »

Have you actually put 64gb on it and checked it's all still there? Theres load of dodgy zip drives about, usually they are 16gb but hacked to show higher, when you add stuf it overwrites once it gets full. you won't know untill you check if it's all there and available.
Yep, first thing I did was load it up with films for the kids for the driving around the country visiting family. I doubt SanDisk are peddling anything dodgy, they're too big a brand but some of the no named junk you can get may well be missing some capacity.
It's definitely usb3.0 too as I checked the transfer speeds moving it all across.
"The problem with internet quotes is that you can't always depend on their accuracy" - Abraham Lincoln, 1864
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

munchh wrote:Not really a prep, but it has my full attention! I finaly let the kids have rabbits, little lionhead cross dwarf, so they have been indoors, turns out my son who loves the dearly is very alergic, so i need to get them in an outdoor hutch quick.
not the best month to need to spend money on a non essential! :(

Ahh but you now have long life rabbit meat.....

Know during the war my grans family bred rabbits to eat
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
munchh

Post by munchh »

Hahaha, they are so tiny a whole one would fit in a bun, my kids hate that i will happily eat rabbit, i noticed iceland are doing rabbit loin at the minute! Yum yum.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

munchh wrote:Hahaha, they are so tiny a whole one would fit in a bun, my kids hate that i will happily eat rabbit, i noticed iceland are doing rabbit loin at the minute! Yum yum.

Lol Mrs andy took iccle one to a petting zoo and got scowled at several times. Ohh look there's peppa pig.. She's off to make bacon ... And those chickens they make chicken nugget's.... Line up several disapproving "sheeple" :tinfoil

Guess who was slapping a big joint of pork in Tesco today shouting hello peppa pig! :lol:

Whilst not a prep as such preparing kids so they know what meat is and where it comes from and later as they get older how to butcher and cook it can't be a bad thing
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

During WW2 cats and dogs pretty much vanished as well as bunnies, when people get hungry they'll eat what ever they can find.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I was reading about that last month - about three quarters of a million domestic pets were killed at the beginning of the war (will try to find reference later).
ClericalError

Post by ClericalError »

Very much a beginner prepper report:

I'm sitting at my computer with a cup of tea beside me - nothing unusual in the Error household, except I've made it by testing my new kelly kettle. I tried using only urban fuel to prove it could be done on a high-rise balcony etc. so I started with shredded paper and then went on to ripped up brown paper from unwanted packaging, which I twisted and threw down the chimney. I don't know if this fuel explains why it was very smoky - billowing white smoke at first? Next time I'll try scavenged twigs and such from the tiny garden and the parks nearby.
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Well I finally got an hour yesterday to start sorting out the stuff for my EDC/GHB, I've got a poncho, paracord and the first aid stuff done and in the bag, now to get the rest of it done, Hopefully tomorrow if I'm left in peace....
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote:I was reading about that last month - about three quarters of a million domestic pets were killed at the beginning of the war (will try to find reference later).
This was done, as many pet owners knew rationing was coming in and refused to let their animals go hungry. Contrary to legend, the British did not eat their dogs and cats. However, in places like Stalingrad which was under siege for a long , long time it was the case.

Also, it happened in Germany at the end of the war, in the Berlin Blockade. I used to supply wild rabbits to folks in the village. A retired German Doctor I supplied insisted the unskinned head was left on. Reason was that he had eaten too many cats in Berlin! He had also heard rumours of cannibalism, but could never confirm this. Interesting chap.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.