What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Brambling

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Brambling »

lisaloolibell wrote:

ooh I use trex, where do you buy it in a tin?
I buy mine from Waitrose, it's a bit expensive It's called Crisco, but I think it's worth the price just to have some other type of fat as well as cooking oil stored. You can also get it from the American shop online.
biller

Post by biller »

last sat i bought a bike to get a bit fitter and less reliant on the car by Tue i was very saddle sore :oops: i said to my brother i cant remember it being like this when we were kids he reminded me i never used a bike back then i was always on a skateboard of course i thought Friday morning i got a skateboard then it snowed i think i found a flaw in my plan :roll: walking might be slow but i can go all day what ever the weather and get to my destination in one peace lol
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

Northern Raider wrote:How about feeding them up to keep em warm, try say sage and stuffing ? :lol:
My OH incarnated :lol: :lol: :lol:
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

biller wrote:last sat i bought a bike to get a bit fitter and less reliant on the car by Tue i was very saddle sore :oops: i said to my brother i cant remember it being like this when we were kids he reminded me i never used a bike back then i was always on a skateboard of course i thought Friday morning i got a skateboard then it snowed i think i found a flaw in my plan :roll: walking might be slow but i can go all day what ever the weather and get to my destination in one peace lol
Keep cycling a little each day and your bum will soon toughen up. It does get better. Or get another saddle - a good bike shop should be able to advise you.

Before NR says anything - my bum is as tough as old boots after cycling nearly everyday for the last 10 years.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

This week's all about toilet paper (Netto doing 2 packs of 18 rolls of 'luxury' toilet tissue for £5.00) and WD40 :D
Magz

Post by Magz »

I've just done a big shop, ordered more calor gas, sold out till wednesday, going to get an extra one at the weekend, man said it would be ok outside, but I'm gona check that again case he's forgotten it's about to snow, and I've got some more de-icer for my car, and I've bought 10 bags of salt for the steps outside.
Let it snow let it snow let it snow! :)
bigpaul

Post by bigpaul »

smileyt wrote:
biller wrote:last sat i bought a bike to get a bit fitter and less reliant on the car by Tue i was very saddle sore :oops: i said to my brother i cant remember it being like this when we were kids he reminded me i never used a bike back then i was always on a skateboard of course i thought Friday morning i got a skateboard then it snowed i think i found a flaw in my plan :roll: walking might be slow but i can go all day what ever the weather and get to my destination in one peace lol
Keep cycling a little each day and your bum will soon toughen up. It does get better. Or get another saddle - a good bike shop should be able to advise you.

Before NR says anything - my bum is as tough as old boots after cycling nearly everyday for the last 10 years.
buy a saddle with springs underneath, thats what i've got on my bicycle and its really comfortable!!
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

As soon as the snow stops and I can get to Costco I am getting a stash of UHT milk in. It must be better than dried ! :evil:
Magz

Post by Magz »

I must get some too. Evaporated milk is lovely in coffee, I've tried to store a few cans when I see it reduced or buy 1 get 1 free, but the little person in my house keeps nicking it! :)
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

I have had to tell a bare-faced lie. :oops:

Took delivery of an online shopping order today and the delivery man said he had never delivered such a large order even though he delivers to businesses and nurseries :oops: So I lied and said it was a joint order between me and a friend. Will have to go to confession now .....

Well, otherwise he would think I am stark, raving bonkers! I have decided to spend my wages on stuff that will be useful, like stores of food, because in the spring it looks like I will be losing about £300/month in income. So I'd rather stock up now and spend the money on food, toiletries and cleaning stuff, than leave it sitting in the bank account gathering no interest whilst food prices go up and up, and VAT increases! I've managed to cart it all upstairs and put half of it away, but have given up now to have a brew and go and walk the dogs.

Oh yes, and the 270 loo rolls arrived last week. Delivery man thought he was delivering a fridge-freezer, the box was that big :lol: :lol:

Once I have everything stored away, I might take some photos and write an article for the front page of the site.