What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

How are you preparing
BlinkingCory

Re: What preps are you doing this week? Part 3.

Post by BlinkingCory »

Jamesey1981 wrote:If you're in the market for a set of PMR radios the I can't recommend these any more highly, Cobra MT975 PMR446 Walkie Talkie Radio ... iybAZT1GRG, I bought them as I have a cobra handheld marine radio as a back up on my boat that I was happy with.
I use them pretty regularly when I'm out shooting, and I've had them over a year, they've been dropped, thrown into plastic crates, rattled around in the back of my truck and chucked around and aside from a couple of scuffs to the outside they're good as new.
They have a newer version of the privacy code system on them that not all PMR radios have yet and I've never had to switch channels due to one being occupied, they have excellent battery life and the batteries have lasted well, sometimes the cheap batteries fail fairly soon, the belt clip is also pretty good.

Finally, and I would say most importantly, they have an actual knob to switch them on and off, and control the volume, I've had radios before that used buttons for the volume, which is really annoying, and if you lean on them they can get switched off, most have a control lock, but some are so badly thought out that they're useless (it was on my old ones, you could lock the channels, but the power button still worked.)
Excellent, thanks very much. Not as pricey as I thought they'd be either.
Wifey has promised me that Santa will bring me some.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Not been on here for a few weeks - lost my internet access for one reason and another, seems to be a permanent fix now, just has to be tidied up. But I'm racing up and down the country now, my go-bag prepared in case of a house fire is pulled into service for emergency family visits, a family member is seriously ill, with a terminal diagnosis, and is in A&E right now. So I may be gone for a while, but I *want* to be here - prepping feels more important than ever, I'm sorry I haven't been able to read some of the recent threads. Off to repack my bag, though.
SooBee

Post by SooBee »

All the best at a difficult time. Keep your strength up and find the right words and the best memories.
Last edited by SooBee on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Thoughts are with you and yours Arzosah.
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Sorry to hear your news Arzosah.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Thinking of you Arzosah
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

My thoughts are with you.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thank you all, much appreciated. Yesterday turned out to be a false alarm, rellie is at home again, but too weak to talk on the phone. Go bag at the ready.
7 lives

Post by 7 lives »

Back in UK, after losing brother in law to cancer and sister in law also.Good to start prepping again spent last couple of days reorganising stock and processing apples we have a bumper harvest this year.
Plan to get chimney swept,logs in and warm woolies out!
2ndRateMind

Post by 2ndRateMind »

So, I've been taking stock.

EDC bag? check.
90 day food and consumable supplies for bug in? check, apart from water storage. Need a few more 25 litre jerry cans.
72hr Bug out bergen? A little lacking.

Starting now to buy a few things to fill in the blanks; bivvy shelter OK, could use some more weather-proof clothing, need to get 3 x 24 hr army ration packs, some water-filter stuff, just bought a crossbow, need a 4 season sleeping bag, then it's just bits and pieces that are nice to have. Hope to be fully geared up by next spring.

Then, it's just a case of getting and staying fit enough to pack all my goodies as far out from my inner-city location as the 3 days allow, deciding on a suitable bug-out location, and preparing it.

Best wishes, 2RM
Omnes qui errant non pereunt
Not all who wander are lost