YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Homes and Retreats
Huntsman

Re: YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Post by Huntsman »

As I said in the modern day the reactor is fairly safe, it's where they store the spent fuel cells which are still radioactive and are still at 3000 degrees, once the water cooling them has evaporated.... BOOM!

and also on the subject of radiation here is an interesting article:

http://blog.healthfoodemporium.com/canc ... soning-501
icrcc

Post by icrcc »

You don't have to worry about hundreds of nuclear reactors going into meltdown. You have to worry about ONE going into meltdown.
It may never happen. Best to be prepared just in case.

http://canampreppers.net/forum/index.php
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

just like in japan with all those depleted fuel rods laying there because nobody wanted to clean it up.
Always know where your towel is!!
Moony

Post by Moony »

chillihound wrote:just like in japan with all those depleted fuel rods laying there because nobody wanted to clean it up.
Well thats the same everywhere in the world. As far as I am aware no country has an actual effective nuclear waste facility for high level waste (i.e. spent fuel rods) everyone just stores them in 'temporary' pools because it is impossible to find a permanent location for them that doesnt get 1/2 the population up in arms. The Americans spent literally billions of dollars building a high level waste facility in the middle of a mountain, but it has never been used due to years of political and legal wrangling, it's the same in the UK we have no long term solutions either.
I'm in Area 7 !
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Huntsman, great find on the "natural ways" article, thank you.