What Preps are you doing this week

How are you preparing
Magz

Re: What Preps are you doing this week

Post by Magz »

My son grew a pumpkin in my mums garden a few years back, the plant took over the garden and we only got 1 Pumpkin? :(
allan

Post by allan »

Meyou wrote:So I was just chilling with one of the Security Guards where I work, a fellow prepper...

And I accidentally bought his spare FM12 respirator...
the FM12 is a good respirator lot more comfortable than the S10 and eye pieces don't get damaged so easily.
Meyou

Post by Meyou »

allan wrote:the FM12 is a good respirator lot more comfortable than the S10 and eye pieces don't get damaged so easily.
Sweet. I've only ever used the S10 before, and I hated every minute of it. So knowing the FM12 is more comfortable and at the same time tougher is a great re-assurance to me.
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

I have ordered 20 small-ish mylar bags and oxygen absorbers. I've done an inventory of what seeds I have and what I would like to buy. I've looked at a motorcycle school and am beginning to look for a suitable motorbike/moped.
Oh, and I've done most of my Christmas shopping .....
CityGirl

Post by CityGirl »

axelt123 wrote:
CityGirl wrote:I'm trying.. :)

Chilli plant has about 4 or 5 chilli's on it, one has turned red now & the others are on their way.

might be worth trying to dry your chilies for storage without a freezer

axel
Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy.

Thanks for the tip, I've done a little research & found out there are a few ways of drying out the chillies. Any recommendations for the best way of doing this? In an oven? Also, when do I pick them off? As soon as they have turned red or longer? :?
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

I can safely say I've done NO prepping for at least 3 weeks. :(

As I'm recovering from pneumonia, the only 'prepping' I've been doing is taking my anti-biotics as directed, keeping warm, eating/drinking lots and resting. The last time I left the house was Tuesday last week, to get my repeat prescription.

Shame, as I'd probably be getting some supplies and bits for the winter.
hobo

Post by hobo »

AWR,

Hope you're mended now!

Hobo
Attack Warning Red

Post by Attack Warning Red »

hobo - I'm nearly there, thanks! I might actually pop out this weekend to the shops in town...
hobo

Post by hobo »

Treat yourself!
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

Attack Warning Red wrote:I can safely say I've done NO prepping for at least 3 weeks. :(

As I'm recovering from pneumonia, the only 'prepping' I've been doing is taking my anti-biotics as directed, keeping warm, eating/drinking lots and resting. The last time I left the house was Tuesday last week, to get my repeat prescription.

Shame, as I'd probably be getting some supplies and bits for the winter.
Can't you order some stuff online and get it delivered? Glad you are feeling a bit better now.