YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Homes and Retreats
unsure

Re: YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Post by unsure »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkMXhKj0 ... plpp_video

this worth watching . if you`ve not all ready seen it .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

unsure wrote: they may have only collected a small amount , buts that not to say they didn`t try. over here most sheepel would just roll over and hand them over.
I know I would... :lol:

At the same time I’ve lost count of the number of un-prepared people who’ve scoffed, ‘what’s the point in storing food…if anything happens the government may well just come and take it’.
unsure

Post by unsure »

they can only take it IF they know about it ;)
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

unsure wrote:they can only take it IF they know about it ;)
'if they have the will to collect it, they will find a way .' eh?
Ferricks

Post by Ferricks »

aaaaand this thread IS exactly.......?

:P
tshw1973

Post by tshw1973 »

I think the more realistic situation would be something like the film ' the road '. Pretty grim, a day to day fight for survival. That or you kill yourself, which may be preferable.
jansman

Post by jansman »

tshw1973 wrote:I think the more realistic situation would be something like the film ' the road '. Pretty grim, a day to day fight for survival. That or you kill yourself, which may be preferable.
I think you are right. Look what happens in a war zone,for example, Syria. Everyone hits the road and the fight for survival begins.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

tshw1973 wrote:I think the more realistic situation would be something like the film ' the road '. Pretty grim, a day to day fight for survival. That or you kill yourself, which may be preferable.

considering that film is based on a world after nuclear war it is a very likely scenario
Always know where your towel is!!
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Well this is something I regularly ponder, for me it would not be to bad! I have a large garden that provides fresh fruits and vegetables all year round, about 3 water butts full (it rains a lot), I myself am a keen hunter and have been for 7-15 years I have no problem stalking and killing deer, rabbit, game and am sure I could hunt semi-domesticated farm animals! I also own several firearms! So in reality my plan would be to stay put!

Now in the interests of providing some useful information I will assume I lived in the middle of a town, had no hunting experience, gardening experience and no firearms! To ensure my survival I would need to source a secure shelter, weapons, food and water. Because it is near me I will take my local town of Monmouth as the example.my first priority would be to leave the town, so I would head over to the local hardware store and take a crowbar and some wire cutter + electrical tape, I would then find a older 4x4 (there are always lots about) open the door with the crowbar and remove the panel below the steering wheel, then I would locate the clip or wire harness So I can gain access to the wires behind the ignition, Find Two wires that are the same usually red (because that is the live wire!) strip them and twist them together, And wrap them in electrical tape, then strip the ignition wire (usually brown) and touch them together till the engine starts, then rev it a bit so it does not stall and off I go (although this is a real technique I learnt as a teen to hot wire a car, I would never condone the use of it) next stop the Monmouth recycling centre (the warehouse) I know that in there they store large amounts of diesel for the rubbish collection lorries, so I would break in and siphon as much fuel as I could carry. I also (being a local) happen to know that next door to the ware house is an old railway tunnel that has now become monmouth rifle club and range so I would then proceed to break in, and take all the ammunition and guns (proberbly some 22. Rifles and maybe if I'm lucky a 7x62) so having secured transport and weaponry I would drive to the nearby town of Chepstow. From a survivalists aspect Chepstow is a great location, it has an old but still relatively intact castle on the cliffs above the river (which would become my new home due to its security) there are a few good stores that I would "raid" to name a few tesco, a military surplus store and several clothing shops. Once I had run out of clean bottled water, i would lower buckets down into the river of the castle walls, pull them back up run it through a bandana and boil. And for long term food, I would capture animals and make some pens for them in 1 of the 3 grass filled courtyards, I would grow crops in the other two with seeds from the local garden centre and live out the rest of my humble existance there.

A few notes

Firearms - think, army cadets (in some they keep sa80's and small calibre rifles, hunting stores (there are stores in both Newport and Hereford near me that sell guns and ammunition) as well as ranges/clay pigeon centres and gun clubs

Fuel - think out side the box industrial ware houses, farms, race courses, go-carting centres

Food - everywhere if you know where to look!

Military hardware - although you may imagine It being everywhere, they are generally secured in places meant to withstand terrorist attacks

Nuclear power stations - its not so much the reactor you have to worry about, they have extreme measures in them to close things down, it's the used fuel cells that you worry about, once the water used to cool them has evaporated things get very hot!

And a final note - sorry for any bad grammar/spelling errors I typed all of that on my new tablet computer and am still adjusting to typing on a touch screen
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Great post, Huntsman, love it!