Dealing With Redundancy

How are you preparing
CardiffGuy

Re: Dealing With Redundancy

Post by CardiffGuy »

scoobie wrote:Congratulations mate, such a relief, huh?!
It is fella, first time I had been out of work in 10 years(being 16 seems along time ago) and its not somewhere I want to go again. Belt buckles had to be tightened, extra clothing had to be worn to avoid putting the heating on and the SO has been using her car only for work - if we have need to go shopping at a distance we have been car sharing with her folks or brother to save on fuel and walking everywhere else.

I now see in prepping terms where I went wrong and thats not being financially secure enough to have got by without having to make to much of an impact. Winter preps/Christmas will be the main focus over the next 2 months but once its out of the way - me and the SO will also be putting money away just in case.

I have felt this last few weeks in getting minimal responses and not bringing any money in that I was failing as an individual, my SO has been a saint and a half which as soon as I do get my first pay and all bills etc are paid, a bunch of flowers and a meal are on the cards to say thank you.

Moral of the story is that most of us will at some time experience unemployment and that if things allow in current jobs, put a bit of money aside even if its a small amount - just in case.

CardiffGuy
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

That's fantastic news CG - well done.
Your SO will truly appreciate the meal but be aware, since you've been tightening the belts and have that mindset she may turn round and say no, lets eat at home to save money!! ;)
CardiffGuy

Post by CardiffGuy »

preppingsu wrote:That's fantastic news CG - well done.
Your SO will truly appreciate the meal but be aware, since you've been tightening the belts and have that mindset she may turn round and say no, lets eat at home to save money!! ;)
Understandable but there is a film in the cinema when its released she wishes to see and the local Nando's around the corner from the cinema is where we used to go just once a month to get out, plus she enjoy's it as its not your normal up your backside type place to eat and as she is a fussy eater - chicken is mostly where its at for her :lol:

CardiffGuy
preppingsu

Post by preppingsu »

CardiffGuy wrote:
preppingsu wrote:That's fantastic news CG - well done.
Understandable but there is a film in the cinema when its released she wishes to see and the local Nando's around the corner from the cinema is where we used to go just once a month to get out, plus she enjoy's it as its not your normal up your backside type place to eat and as she is a fussy eater - chicken is mostly where its at for her :lol:

CardiffGuy
That's sounds like a lovely evening out. :D
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: YAAAAAY! well done !
jansman

Post by jansman »

Well done my son!!!A man needs to work,and not just for the dough,its about self esteem.
I am glad you are no worse off. Transport is the killer. Its like paying to get the job.

Well done and good luck!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

Well done! I know the pain of unemployment and it isn't nice. And the only thing that has kept me afloat at such times is having a few quid stashed away and living off my preps, which I buy in when I have the money.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Congrats CG. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Congratulations! :mrgreen:
hobo

Post by hobo »

Go CardiffGuy!!!!!