YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Homes and Retreats
Triple_sod

Re: YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Post by Triple_sod »

unsure wrote:the problem with owning a rifle or shotgun is that your on the police radar .any kind of civil unrest they`d be around to relieve you of it .
That notion gets banded around a lot within the prepping community, but here’s where it falls down;

You’ve got 138,728 firearm 574,946 shotgun certificates which between them cover nearly 2 million guns.

In the middle of a major nationwide breakdown of order, the likes of which we’ve never seen, do you really think the police are going to divert massive resources into such a wild goose chase?

Also bearing in mind that out of all those people at least a couple are bound to blow their top and start shooting when the police come knocking....
unsure

Post by unsure »

if you look at the news reports from the usa , when katrina hit there they sent the national guard round collecting guns of the public . not because they needed them , just to stop people from using them .
i`m not saying your wrong or missguided , but if they have the will to collect them , they will find a way .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

The school looks like an idea, around these parts there's a few military bases, even warships, but schools, prisons, hotels, old fortifications, all posibillities, chances are in the event where you would finnish up would be integral and instrumental to surviving an Apocalypse.
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Triple_sod

Post by Triple_sod »

unsure wrote:if you look at the news reports from the usa , when katrina hit there they sent the national guard round collecting guns of the public . not because they needed them , just to stop people from using them .
i`m not saying your wrong or missguided , but if they have the will to collect them , they will find a way .
Because so much has been made of the story by pro-gun groups over there, it’d be easy to imagine ‘that’s how it happened’.

They had the will alright, Police Superintendent Eddie Compass said, "No one will be able to be armed,"
"Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns."

Yet confiscations were confined exclusively urban areas of New Orleans and even so they only managed to actually size 100 weapons....

In other words the exercise was a complete failure.
Juvecu

Post by Juvecu »

This sounds a bit like a fantasy, but I'd try get as many like minded people with me and move into an old castle. They are generally built at a good vantage point, defensible (I think this is very important in the long run) and have workable land around them. Should be close to a water source too and were often built in times when you didn't have all the modern luxuries. This means they might have a cold room, some old style latrines and other essentials.
Theoracle

Post by Theoracle »

Hi everyone!

This is all big stuff in the States...we should seriously consider it here. Have people started discussing 'survival groups'? If you live in say the East Mids like me, would you want to rendevous will fellow preppers and people who are 'prepared'? I think it would be good, that age old saying, safety in number!!
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

Juvecu thats a really good idea, there is a castle/keep near me so i might check it out.

Theoracle this is something that i do want to do but until joining this forum i have had nobody that sees sense in prepping or actually does it
Always know where your towel is!!
Theoracle

Post by Theoracle »

Then we should certainly discuss, I don't see how people joining a prepper site could find it strange to pursue safety groups?
unsure

Post by unsure »

Triple_sod wrote:
unsure wrote:if you look at the news reports from the usa , when katrina hit there they sent the national guard round collecting guns of the public . not because they needed them , just to stop people from using them .
Because so much has been made of the story by pro-gun groups over there, it’d be easy to imagine ‘that’s how it happened’.

They had the will alright, Police Superintendent Eddie Compass said, "No one will be able to be armed,"
"Guns will be taken. Only law enforcement will be allowed to have guns."

Yet confiscations were confined exclusively urban areas of New Orleans and even so they only managed to actually size 100 weapons....

In other words the exercise was a complete failure.

they may have only collected a small amount , buts that not to say they didn`t try .over here most sheepel would just roll over and hand them over .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

true dat
Always know where your towel is!!