janso

Re: Dealing With Redundancy

Post by janso »

Good news then mate!!! :D :D
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

Best of luck for tomorrow CG.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Best of luck CG. :D
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
buttystella

Post by buttystella »

best wishes for the future and now
hobo

Post by hobo »

Ditto! Fingers crossed...
Bladerunner

Post by Bladerunner »

Good luck for the interview.

I got made redundant and didn't claim for 6 months, boy did I regret that.

Not sure what your other half is doing, job wise, but find out what you are entitled to. Depending on circumstances you can get help with the mortgage (interst only), council tax, you can even get money towards a new suit for interviews but they won't tell you jack, you have to look for yourself and see what you are entitled to.

Good luck in the future.

Be Lucky (and even luckier)
CardiffGuy

Post by CardiffGuy »

Well being unemployed is going so so but not something I ever want to do again once I become employed.

Due to receive a response later on this week to the interview I had last week and have 4 lined up for next week. In the mean time I have volunteered my services at the local dogs trust centre 2 whole days during the week and half a day on the weekend with the other half as she isnt in work.

Thought it may look good on the cv that whilst I am unemployed and actively searching for work, Im not just sitting on my backside after applying and watching the TV.

Anyways once I am back in employment, I shall share my full experience, thoughts on unemployment and job hunting and my personal views on how to combat unemployment.

CardiffGuy
CardiffGuy

Post by CardiffGuy »

Well I have some good news and well some even better news :D :D :D

Ive been job hunting like a hawk these last few weeks(also attending the JC - now thats a pain as the people there when I used to go in are the ones who couldnt be bothered or didnt want to work).

Persistance paid off and I managed to secure an interview with a small company(15 people in total), local to me and on the SO's own travel route to her work place. I had yesterday morning after receiving a telephone call late on tuesday evening inviting me.

And the news I am glad to hear and shows that persistance pays off is that I am employed again as of tuesday next week :D :D :D :D

As its an office job, I work less hours than my last job, I am no worse off on pay as while the annual salary is lower that what I was on in cardiff, the fact that I'm not paying out over £120 per month train fares means I am on even keel with cardiff wages. The added benefit is that I also work the same hours as the SO works in her place(monday to friday) meaning shared car journey's instead of having to pay double transport costs(petrol+public transport costs).

CardiffGuy
scoobie

Post by scoobie »

Congratulations mate, such a relief, huh?!
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail - Benjamin Franklin
Red Doe

Post by Red Doe »

Well done CG, glad to hear it. :)