Self defence ideas

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jansman

Re: Self defence ideas

Post by jansman »

GeeGee wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:02 pm When the fella jumped on me in the showers at the pool the staff set the drown alarm off and they all came running and some of the men who were in the pool got out screaming at him
I was struggling to get the shampoo out of my face whilst trying to go ape s#it with said nutter and managed to knock him flat ...

He took his trunks off was screaming like a madman and the pool staff were trying to get him away .. he did eventually get out and as paid cash only his pic to go with
Cut to the quick when police called me they'd reviewed the footage and said that they'll give a incident number then if he does it again they'll know ... showers at side of pool so fortunately all caught on cctv
The staff though were questioned lengthy about how much force they had used against would be pervert ..and was it necessary .
I told the police person who rang me its a damned good job I had shampoo all over or itd be me they were asking !

I have a massive bunch of keys
Always with me outside
They have those little things you win in 2p arcades
Small snooker balls on a keyring ..blooming tough pretty little things and some glittery metal stuff
Nice large bunch....pretty heavy ...
And that is a perfect example of what happens if you have to turn to force!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:11 pm
GeeGee wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:02 pm When the fella jumped on me in the showers at the pool the staff set the drown alarm off and they all came running and some of the men who were in the pool got out screaming at him
I was struggling to get the shampoo out of my face whilst trying to go ape s#it with said nutter and managed to knock him flat ...

He took his trunks off was screaming like a madman and the pool staff were trying to get him away .. he did eventually get out and as paid cash only his pic to go with
Cut to the quick when police called me they'd reviewed the footage and said that they'll give a incident number then if he does it again they'll know ... showers at side of pool so fortunately all caught on cctv
The staff though were questioned lengthy about how much force they had used against would be pervert ..and was it necessary .
I told the police person who rang me its a damned good job I had shampoo all over or itd be me they were asking !

I have a massive bunch of keys
Always with me outside
They have those little things you win in 2p arcades
Small snooker balls on a keyring ..blooming tough pretty little things and some glittery metal stuff
Nice large bunch....pretty heavy ...
And that is a perfect example of what happens if you have to turn to force!

And why when I was the victim of an attempted mugging I didn't report it and go out the area rapid
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Vitamin c

Post by Vitamin c »

The truth is this lady is not willing to take responsibility for her safety opting for the, I took advice of this bloke on line defence .
If you feel unsafe in a countryside area walk your dog somewhere where you do feel safe .
If you feel safer with something in you pocket it's up to you to take the flack if caught.

I carry every day a boker xs uk legal knife razor sharp , one hand opening with a finger choil so difficult to close on your finger.
It is 100% legal.
I don't carry it for self defense.
Fill er up jacko...
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

jansman wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:04 am Here we go,UK LAW! https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/s ... tion-crime
Says almost nothing about weapons. But from what I've read, what is the law is pretty much common sense.

"If a dangerous weapon, such as firearm, was used by the accused this may tip the balance in favour of prosecution." [This is where you are being prosecuted for hurting a burglar or mugger]

It just says you can use reasonable force, and that force can be disproportionate. Also it can be pre-emptive. You can use this in self defence, defence of another, or defence of property.

I guess you'd have to read about actual cases to get a clearer idea.

To get prosecuted, they have to prove it wasn't self defence.
Last edited by Frnc on Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Carrying keys or phone in your hand then giving them a good smash in someone's face is a good way to defend yourself. Sticking your finger/thumb in a would-be attacker's eye also another one or giving them a jab in the throat or their male delicate area. Then LEAVE the area. If the w*nker has attacked you he is unlikely to go to the police. Do as much damage as you can then RUN.

And for the record, I'm pretty sure a whistle is going to do sweet FA if some piece of sh*t is hell bent on attacking you. You go at them with whatever you can to defend yourself - hands, keys, phone, a tree branch if you can get hold of one. Don't listen to people who would literally rather you got raped or beaten up rather than try to defend yourself. Men telling women not to defend themselves against rapists and murderers - I've literally heard it all now.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:04 pm And just to keep it a little bit light hearted, even though the prospect is horrendous, think of Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality: SING: solar plexus, instep, nose, groin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNJwxJXr2jc
Yes! All of these things. Eyes/throat - a quick jab in someone's throat is going to render them pretty much immobile.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

itsybitsy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:08 pm
Arzosah wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:04 pm And just to keep it a little bit light hearted, even though the prospect is horrendous, think of Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality: SING: solar plexus, instep, nose, groin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNJwxJXr2jc
Yes! All of these things. Eyes/throat - a quick jab in someone's throat is going to render them pretty much immobile.

Hope I don't bump into you and Arzosah down a dark ally :o

Know my phone can be set with a 5x quick press of the power button to connect to 999
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

itsybitsy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:57 pm Carrying keys or phone in your hand then giving them a good smash in someone's face is a good way to defend yourself. Sticking your finger/thumb in a would-be attacker's eye also another one or giving them a jab in the throat or their male delicate area. Then LEAVE the area. If the w*nker has attacked you he is unlikely to go to the police. Do as much damage as you can then RUN.

And for the record, I'm pretty sure a whistle is going to do sweet FA if some piece of sh*t is hell bent on attacking you. You go at them with whatever you can to defend yourself - hands, keys, phone, a tree branch if you can get hold of one. Don't listen to people who would literally rather you got raped or beaten up rather than try to defend yourself. Men telling women not to defend themselves against rapists and murderers - I've literally heard it all now.
I am not suggesting‘don’t do it’ ,it’s just that I know the reality. I have been in situations where a scumbag deserves a …well the law was involved. 23 hours in a cell ain’t fun.

My daughters I taught physical,non-weapon self defence years ago. That was an advantage of being a former R.Marine! Thankfully,neither had attacks,but I nagged them constantly to be aware of their situations at all times.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

itsybitsy wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:08 pm a quick jab in someone's throat is going to render them pretty much immobile.
It could kill them. You'd have to prove it was reasonable. How do you prove that they intended to rape you?