What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by diamond lil »

I drink a lot of tea with a lot of milk innit. I'm shocked at the price of dried milk though, it works out very expensive. Got some UHT which is bearable and can be used for puddings as well.
Jansman I got a load of bread flour in as well, stashed it in bottom drawer of the freezer.
My Sainsbugs delivery today is missing some bread and rolls, first time ever. They subbed other stuff in though.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

We've been getting the dried milk from b&m recently and didn't find it that expensive. I only tend to use it at work so it's only really a few spoonfuls (and customers usually supplement my tea intake) so there's no messing around filling small bottles and washing them out after and no waste either. We have a stock of UHT milk for dire emergencies. UHT does stand for Ultra Horrible Taste doesn't it?
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Agree re UHT! I havent got a B&M anywhere reachable :evil: NIDO on ebay is £26 for a big tin.
hobo

Post by hobo »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:47 pm I drink a lot of tea with a lot of milk innit. I'm shocked at the price of dried milk though, it works out very expensive. Got some UHT which is bearable and can be used for puddings as well.
Jansman I got a load of bread flour in as well, stashed it in bottom drawer of the freezer.
My Sainsbugs delivery today is missing some bread and rolls, first time ever. They subbed other stuff in though.
All good with my order. Lil! Delivery man remarked on the size of the order. I ignored it. Had much bigger ones pre-B****t. Lesson for me though. Don't want people noticing...
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I wish I had got more now. We thinking to go up to Costco first thing tomorrow . I didn't do all this for Brexit but I feel I have to do it now.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I use a single level teaspoon of dried milk when I have a coffee (1 or maybe 2 a day). Very little powder, but absolutely essential! And I realised I only had a month or so left. Argh! Popped out to get it in store today, it wasn't delivered with my online shop earlier this week. 375g of Marvel dried milk - £4.10 in Waitrose next door to the train station, £3.70 at the Sainsbo just beyond. The online order had quite a few tins, and I thought the guy might comment, but he was anxious to get away, so I was lucky.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

The B&M where i got ours was around £2.80 for the same amount. We brought several but i'm begining to think we should have brought more.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

grenfell wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:32 am The B&M where i got ours was around £2.80 for the same amount. We brought several but i'm begining to think we should have brought more.
Wow :o I had to walk in that direction, so those are the shops that were open - we've got a Poundland in town, I wonder if they had anything in. At least I've got one ... at the rate I go through it, it'll last me about a year :)
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Unfortunately i said "was" because when i went in on Saturday there wasn't any left. Can't say about poundland as we don't have one nearby.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Tomorrow is my ' Saturday',so it is time for ME!!! The weather is to be relatively settled,so at long last I am going to get the cover on the polytunnel.That is the plan.Got to get cracking now as the gardening season is upon us.At 2pm I have a one hour appointment with my dentist.Gonna get this tooth a root canal treatment,and eventually a crown.Ain't nothing worse than a dodgy tooth.Whatever he charges me will be worth every penny!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.