What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 10

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:23 pm
Nurseandy wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:31 pm Spent most of today with a chainsaw in the woods 😁. Also dropped off some diesel to a neighbour (we've changed cars to petrol so jerry can of diesel is surplus to requirements), got a bucket of tomatoes in return 🤔 seems a fair swap 😉

:lol: might try that at the local Esso garage :twisted: need some more diesel as I serviced my diesel heater today and brimmed it ready for winter I've a farmer who's offer to fill my jerry can with red or kerro will soon be accepted ;) I'll favour the kerro as I can use it in the oil lamps if pushed and it burns hotter and cleaner

I've also touched base with a ex colleague who lives in the sticks who has a big calor tank for his house with a liquid take off pump for his plant machinery he's said I can come help myself he pays 50p per litre for gas :mrgreen: I'll happily pay in cash or alcohol
We noticed yesterday that petrol/ diesel had gone up everywhere by a couple of pence a litre. It certainly won’t get cheaper!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:53 am
We noticed yesterday that petrol/ diesel had gone up everywhere by a couple of pence a litre. It certainly won’t get cheaper!

2 words ...... Summer Holidays ........

The greedy barstewards do it every year
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:24 am
jansman wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:53 am

2 words ...... Summer Holidays ........

The greedy barstewards do it every year
Interesting,as our kids holidays finish this week ( Leicestershire) ,and the rise only just happened! Looks like we have done well! :lol: :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Went up from 1.42 to 1.59 for diesel in a few of them round here
Was going to fill Jerry can and announcement over tannoy not to ..( when it was 1.42 last week )
I read different things about what you're allowed the law etc
Man behind counter saying he reports to police hoarding
Its a 5ltr can ! This is the station that takes only cash too
So hes missing out on my cash now
Filled up elsewhere and the can but noted they wrote the car registration down
Whats happening there ? I dont like my prepping disturbed :)
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Kids here went back last Wed.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

GeeGee wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:56 am Went up from 1.42 to 1.59 for diesel in a few of them round here
Was going to fill Jerry can and announcement over tannoy not to ..( when it was 1.42 last week )
What a little Hitler from memory it's unlimited storage of diesel and 30ltrs of petrol in approved containers... Not counting any fuel "in use ' so for example a car / motorcycle/ generator if it's in the fuel tank of an item you don't count it

I'd have gone In and said my friends run out of fuel you (insert descriptive word) .. never had a problem round here filling cans / jerry cans do it fairly often for work for Stihl saws / chainsaws / generators plus my Allotment rotorvator / strimmer / hedge cutter ...

work mate run In to a know it all customer during the last "fuel crisis" he was filling a 5l can when this guy objected ... He took the Stihl saw out the back of the van and told the guy to go forth and multiply before he takes his car roof off even the lass on the till was laughing

If he only takes cash I'm sure the vat man would be interested :lol:

When I bought some red diesel they took my details to pass to HMRC. But I was using it for domestic heating so they can jog on too :lol:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Good grief, I'm going to have to know about all this stuff soon :shock:

Anyway, I'm proud to report that for the 3rd day in a row, I've spent an hour clearing my garden - I'm afraid a lot of weeds with seedheads let loose onto the ground :oops: but I've got going now. I'll give it a rest tomorrow, maybe just stay upright and pick some blackberries :)
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

GeeGee wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:56 am Went up from 1.42 to 1.59 for diesel in a few of them round here
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure "hoarding" isn't illegal anyway 🤷
What an unpleasant person.
Peter

Post by Peter »

If i’m questioned when I fill a can......”it’s for the lawnmower”.......otherwise use a syphon pump on the vehicle fuel tank.
GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Thanks for the replies people appreciate it ...I keep it probably for the same reasons as everyone else here but legally keeping up with ....carrying filling ..how much whatever..it seems its up to the person in the kiosk ... I think there are some..hoarding ..rules but stuff it all Yorks Andy mate had it right :)

My other preps this week spending the £111 .60 on my annual pre payment prescription it pays for itself with what I have to take but like everything else its gone up