YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Homes and Retreats
chillihound

Re: YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE!!! WHAT NEXT???

Post by chillihound »

unsure wrote:the problem with owning a rifle or shotgun is that your on the police radar .any kind of civil unrest they`d be around to relieve you of it .
as for the legitamit reason for having one , can you find a friendly farmer with a vermin problem willing to give you permission to shot in wrighting before you apply .

exactly, its a problematic situation. its just obama trying to get rid of the 2nd amendment to rid people of their guns so the UN can declare martial law without any problems. i'm not really worrying about a gun anyway, if the time comes and i need one, i will get one some way
Always know where your towel is!!
unsure

Post by unsure »

its been said before , a xbow is the only real option or a bow and arrow . either will get you a gun if you need it . but only if its a case of you or them .
relatively cheap to buy and as yet no license for them .a few of my friends have shotguns and rifles so i know were to get one ;) and could all ways horse trade for it .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
unsure

Post by unsure »

well we`re going way off topic here .
soi to get it back on track .
if all i had to worry about were wild animals then heading to warmer climates would be an option , maybe south of france were the temp is more friendly to growing things and setting up there .
scrounging what ever was there along the way , tools ,be it for building or gardening your sure to need these , clothes because yours will not last for ever so its a case of get them while you can , same applys to good boots , your wont walk or work for long with out them .
i think if you thought about all the things you would need ,you`d need an artic wagon to move them .

just a quick thought , how many people wear glass`s . how many times has your prescripition been changed , like every thing else you eyes start to get old along with the rest of your body . so getting a good supply of those of differing strenths would be a wise move
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

well i am fairly skilled with a bow. been shooting for about 5 years.

that is one thing ive never heard anybody mention glasses before. that was a stroke of pure genius right there!! excellent point my friend.

if the plan was to stay put then at this point you would be able to take refuge in a prison. the inmates would be long gone by now. if your part of a group of survivors this would be an ideal place to try and rebuild.
unsure

Post by unsure »

some how i don`t like the thought of hunkering down in a prison . i know they are built to keep people in , so should keep everyhing else out . i don`t know its just the thought of being locked up even if i do have the keys .
ive been thinking about this , it would need to be secure , out of the way but still accessable . the local train station is looking good about know , its old but not very secure , but also very open so no were for anything or anyone to hide . the down side is no were to grow anthing either ,unless its in tubs .
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

i would be concerned with comfort in a train station. a fire station has living quarters and usually fenced off. what do you tink about a primary school? i think most now have security fencing and ample room for growing on playing fields. this is the school near me. its surrounded by a 8ft steel security fence and the feild backs onto a small wood that has an industrial trainline running through
Attachments
Image2.jpg
Image2.jpg (158.11 KiB) Viewed 1295 times
unsure

Post by unsure »

i have to confess , i never considered a school . theres one about half a mile away from me that would fit the bill . big rooms ,a kitchen and lots of growing room the only things missing are the things you can sort out later .rain water collection ect .
tigs

Post by tigs »

has anyone thought about nuclear power stations? with no people monitoring them it would not be long before they went into melt down!!!! :o
Ready for Anything

http://autonopedia.org/ if still out try facebook https://www.facebook.com/Autonopedia

Area 8
bulldogeagle

Post by bulldogeagle »

chillihound wrote:ok so i am basing this on a post apocalyptic scenario, not just a financial collapse but a 99% population dead, no government, no civilization scenario. something like the unlikely zombie apocalypse for example. what are peoples long term plans if the world ends, the threat is gone and you have done your job as a prepper and come out of it a survivor.

personally i will have left the place i have been holding up at and ventured across the country. as we live on tiny island this will get very boring very quickly. so was thinking about crossing the channel and exploring the rest of the dead planet.
I had to come back on this one, even a 99% die off still leaves a large(ish) population out of 62 million, even in my small country town that would leave 13 people alive in my parish alone, 50 in the larger town, so we wouldn't exactly be alone!
chillihound

Post by chillihound »

yes i was just using that as percentage as an example.

there are not going to be many places that have everything you need all in one but if you have a few buckets handy, collecting rain water would be a doddle, unless you have the luck the guy did in 28 days later. hundreds of containers and no rain lol