Opinions please !

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: Opinions please !

Post by diamond lil »

Isn't me SSW, its the husband who has no body heat at all :mrgreen: Since he became diabetic he's thinner and colder, and he was never like that before. I think maybe get a blanket and use the HWB for powercuts, Amazon has them at £54. Then some food, then save the other £100, esp in view of the news today about RBS. :evil: Thanks all!
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

diamond lil wrote:Isn't me SSW, its the husband who has no body heat at all :mrgreen: Since he became diabetic he's thinner and colder, and he was never like that before. I think maybe get a blanket and use the HWB for powercuts, Amazon has them at £54. Then some food, then save the other £100, esp in view of the news today about RBS. :evil: Thanks all!
£54.00 for an electric blanket??? Sainsbury's have got a Silentnight double electric underblanket for £24.99!

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/global_ ... 7977230612
hobo

Post by hobo »

Doubles here from £17.59 http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=s ... sort=price
plus a hot water bottle
plus tins of food
£100 left over....
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Need a kingsize and wanted fitted one. Ok so I'm a petted yuppy! 8-)
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

diamond lil wrote:Need a kingsize and wanted fitted one. Ok so I'm a petted yuppy! 8-)
Kingsize is £29.99
Selfsufficientwoman

Post by Selfsufficientwoman »

diamond lil wrote:Isn't me SSW, its the husband who has no body heat at all :mrgreen: Since he became diabetic he's thinner and colder, and he was never like that before. I think maybe get a blanket and use the HWB for powercuts, Amazon has them at £54. Then some food, then save the other £100, esp in view of the news today about RBS. :evil: Thanks all!

Yes I understand - I mentioned in a thread somewhere I broke by back years ago on ice - since them I feel the cold more cause I have metal in me - it is tough cause you want to keep warm but then your worried about the bills - YES save the other £100.00 - keep any extra money for as long as you can to provide a small safety net if anything unexpected but vital required. :)

Ditto with the others - electric blanket cant be so expensive....
Technik

Post by Technik »

Spend it all on chocolate! :D
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:mrgreen: I'm not mad on chocolate. Pan Drops, yesss. Berwick Cockles yessss. Portobello rock yesssss!
smileyt

Post by smileyt »

Spend it all on porridge!
spog

Post by spog »

treat your self to a Hungarian White Goose Down Double Duvet far better then a heated blanket and if you have a power cut you will still be warm :mrgreen: .