So what's Santa fetched you this Christmas?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
steptoe

Re: So what's Santa fetched you this Christmas?

Post by steptoe »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:53 pm Kids got me booze and chocs and I'm fine :twisted: Chambord and chocolate make a really good breakfast, and now onto the Cointreau and chocs for supper.
LOL lil you go for it i am mixing pain meds and wine lol nearly as good as strong coffee and pain meds lol , wait untilk they do my bloods lol oh i can see the doctors face now , so you say your tea total do you still stand by that lol
Well doc it was christmas and santa must have spiked my drink lol
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:20 pm
Nurseandy wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:14 am Opinel gardening knife here :-)
Watch your fingers they are usually razor sharp keep an oily rag handy if it's carbon steel
Cheers, yeah, razor sharp, went straight out and harvested some beetroot to roast with the pigs in blankets.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Nurseandy wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:09 am
Yorkshire Andy wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:20 pm
Nurseandy wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:14 am Opinel gardening knife here :-)
Watch your fingers they are usually razor sharp keep an oily rag handy if it's carbon steel
Cheers, yeah, razor sharp, went straight out and harvested some beetroot to roast with the pigs in blankets.
They are simple,and superb. That’s a lovely possession. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

So even though we insisted on an *economy* I did get nice prezzies . Wife got me a little jewellery,sock ,pants and a lightweight jumper, and lightweight joggers ( all Pimark,brilliant!) Lovely. Youngest was more socks - great - aftershave. Lovely.

My rich daughter ,bless her ,really looked after mum,with a big basket of ,well,what women buy each other,along with all sorts more!

Me.She got a pair of posh joggies,aftershave,herbal ‘sleeping’ job for my pillow,and battery powered socks ! Since stopping work I get cooler in my hands and feet. She also got me two lovely thin hats. I wear hats to keep my bald head warm a lot of time - until it gets too warm in here! :lol:

All lovely. :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
Frnc

Post by Frnc »

jansman wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:24 am So even though we insisted on an *economy* I did get nice prezzies . Wife got me a little jewellery,sock ,pants and a lightweight jumper, and lightweight joggers ( all Pimark,brilliant!) Lovely. Youngest was more socks - great - aftershave. Lovely.

My rich daughter ,bless her ,really looked after mum,with a big basket of ,well,what women buy each other,along with all sorts more!

Me.She got a pair of posh joggies,aftershave,herbal ‘sleeping’ job for my pillow,and battery powered socks ! Since stopping work I get cooler in my hands and feet. She also got me two lovely thin hats. I wear hats to keep my bald head warm a lot of time - until it gets too warm in here! :lol:

I sometimes get cold hands and/or feet indoors these days. It's not necessarily down to the exact temperature, eg some days I'll have cold hands at 19.5 and other days they will be warm at slightly lower temp. A lot of it is down to how much I've been moving about or not. Occasionally I wear mitts that flip opon to fingerless gloves so I can type and use my trackpad wearing them. The thumbs can poke out though openings that can close. I always wear thin wool socks in winter indoors.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Frnc wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:39 am
jansman wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:24 am So even though we insisted on an *economy* I did get nice prezzies . Wife got me a little jewellery,sock ,pants and a lightweight jumper, and lightweight joggers ( all Pimark,brilliant!) Lovely. Youngest was more socks - great - aftershave. Lovely.

I sometimes get cold hands and/or feet indoors these days. It's not necessarily down to the exact temperature, eg some days I'll have cold hands at 19.5 and other days they will be warm at slightly lower temp. A lot of it is down to how much I've been moving about or not. Occasionally I wear mitts that flip opon to fingerless gloves so I can type and use my trackpad wearing them. The thumbs can poke out though openings that can close. I always wear thin wool socks in winter indoors.
It’s also my birthday very ,very soon,and I told the girls not to buy stuff. Don’t need it. However,a couple of pairs of fingerless gloves would be perfect. How things change! :D

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well the living room looks like a bomb has gone off kids got spoilt rotten by the family,
I got a new mobile the old one was past it's best and kept crashing, failing to connect when ringing out or not letting me answer....

It was commented on that most clothing being gifted was of the warm variety

Oh and the kids got me a new soldering iron
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Funny thing here was that the daughter who has been an utter nightmare and who we despaired of - got us a huge hamper too Jansman. The sons that we've helped so much this year got us practically nowt. Lesson in there somewhere aye :mrgreen:
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:55 am Funny thing here was that the daughter who has been an utter nightmare and who we despaired of - got us a huge hamper too Jansman. The sons that we've helped so much this year got us practically nowt. Lesson in there somewhere aye :mrgreen:
Indeed. ;)

Robert Frost.

Me.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

With so many grandchildren, my lot have been told not to buy us anything, save it for the kids, some obeyed, some didn't. Got a lovely neckwarmer and hat both with furry lining and cosy socks.. perfect. And FAR too many chocolates :roll: